Jobs In A Reputable NGO (CEHRD)
Posted on: 4 February, 2014
Deadline: 18 February, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CEHRD
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A reputable national non -governmental organisation (NGO) operating in the Niger Delta region is looking for intelligent, purpose driven and vision oriented Nigerians to fill its vacancies in the following areas:
- The candidate must be a self motivated person, able to take initiatives and work with minimum supervision.
- S/he must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills with a good knowledge of computer utilization skills.
- S/he must have the ability to multi-task and set priorities; manage time efficiently; demonstrate strong teamwork skills; manage and work with intemal and external project partners and vendors.
- S/he shall be responsible for the public relations and communications aspects of the organisation.
- S/he shall develop and manage all extemal communications ofthe organisation.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication, English Languagel Literature, Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, Development Studies, History or any other related discipline.
- A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage
- Minimum of four years post-NYSC experience in same or similar capacity
- A good background in media practice or the development sector will be strongly desirable.
go to method of application »
- The potential candidate must be intellectually sound and strong in analytical writing and editorial skills. S/he must demonstrate strong capacity in policy analysis, objective judgment and understanding of the dynamics of socio-Political and economic events in Nigeria.
- S/he must be particularly abreast of issues of human rights. governance, women and gender issues.
- In addition, the candidate must demonstrate strong competencies in social research. with a good understanding of international development indicators, national and international human rights instruments and laws.
- The candidate shall oversee all research activities of the organisation. e.g. Manage, develop and implement research activities in collaboration with the various programmes teams.
- A minimum of a first degree in economics, sociology, development studies, history. political science and international relations plus five years post-NYSC experience.
- A Masters degree is also an added advantage
- Candidates with previous experiences in research institutes, development agencies are strongly advised to apply.
Method of Application
All Remuneration are attractive and based on experience and years of work
Interested candidates should send their application letter with detailed curriculum vitae to the email address: email@example.com The closing date for the submission of application is two (2) weeks from the date of this publication. Note that only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CEHRDSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria