If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and direct staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
With thousands of contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
A major operator is looking for a Drilling Supervisor with previous jack-up experience to join their operations in Nigeria, on a rotational 28.28 basis.
- Review COMPANY operations programs
- Supervise execution and follow-up of COMPANY drilling and completion operations
- Compose and review COMPANY operating procedures
- Personally supervise delicate or risky operations
- Optimize operations in relation with engineering, geology and reservoir entities
- Optimize rig equipment in relation with COMPANY contractors
- Analyze instantaneous Mud logging data and other drilling parameters and take appropriate actions in case of abnormal trend
- Anticipate potential problems and plan alternative strategies
- Anticipate equipment and service needs
- Optimize the activities of service providers and assess their performance
- Participate in operational decisions
- Validate all rig based reports and calculations required for some specific drilling and completion operations of the COMPANY
- Ensure reliability of operational information (DDRs, cost follow-up sheets, etc)
- Perform post operational debriefings and prepare report on lessons learnt.
- Participate in the production of technical and operational syntheses
- Contribute to the drilling and completion improvement plan
- Coordinate supply of equipment & services to the COMPANY rig in relation with the Superintendent
- Coordinate mob/demob and transportation of COMPANY personnel to the rig site
- In charge of the day to day running of the rig
- Participate in the training of COMPANY junior staff
go to method of application »
- Reports to the General Manager
- Directs the QA/QC Coordinator & QA/QC Engineer
- Coordination of development, implementation and maintenance of Quality Management System (QMS).
- Development and promoting Quality policy.
- Maintaining certification of company against Quality.
- Management of internal audit programme.
- Auditing of subcontractors and vendors.
- Annual Quality planning.
- Organising annual Management Review.
- Identifying requirements for quality.
- Awareness of company staff of relevant requirements related to Quality.
- Advising and supporting company staff in complying with Quality requirements.
- Availability of relevant CMS documentation where relevant.
- Supporting risk assessments related to Quality aspects.
- Proposing measures to reduce the identified risks.
- Monitoring follow-up on proposed measures.
- Observing if (project) activities are performed in accordance with Quality requirements, Company Policy and Company Management System.
- Organising quality verification activities on- and offshore.
- Ensuring that QA/QC staff is adequately skilled, experienced, trained, educated and qualified.
- Motivation and performance of QA/QC staff.
- Communication and co-operation within QA/QC staff.
- Communication and co-operation with other disciplines.
- Management career perspectives for QA/QC staff.
- Ensuring that organisation is taking actions on given QA/QC feedback to prevent reoccurrence.
- Identification and reporting of Quality areas of concern to the General Manager.
- Stimulating and realizing optimisation and improvements.
- Set and define Quality related company standards.
- Have unrestricted access to departments and files.
- Arrange or perform internal and external audits.
- Report audit findings to the General Manager and Management.
- Recommend improvements to systems and processes to company's management.
- Check and verify ongoing work, subcontractors and own sites (vessels etc.).
- Review CMS documentation (a.o. procedures) prior to release.
- Act as company representative for Quality matters.
- Approve training and education programmes for subordinates.
- Bachelor Degree in Nautics or Nautical / Civil / Mechanical Engineering.
- Management skills training.
- ISO 9000, quality management courses.
- Lead Auditor training.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Quality management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in offshore contracting industry.
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge of Quality standards: ISO 9001.
- Good knowledge of Quality management systems.
- Good knowledge of the English language both written and spoken.
- Capable to motivate and manage people.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Service oriented attitude.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click on Job Titles to apply online.
Candidates will be contacted within 48 hours should they be deemed suitable, and have all offshore certificates valid prior to mobilisation.