Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
Request for Consultancy services for Monitoring and Evaluation Experts to conduct an external Monitoring and Evaluation Activity in Borno State
Neem Foundation, implementing the project “The Yellow Ribbon Initiative” under UNICEF funding is inviting consultants with experience in offering Monitoring and Evaluation expertise (specifically in the area of Community based Rehabilitation and Reintegration Programme in North Eastern Nigeria with focus on North Eastern Nigeria) to submit bids/offers.
Location for survey activities: Maiduguri and Mafa LGAs in Borno State
Duration: 14 days (or more)
Proposals by a Consultant or Consultancy Team should include:
- Proposed work plan and budget for an M&E expert to conduct activity.
- Proposed methodology ideally utilizing participatory data collection methods with women and youth clients.
- Writing sample (1-2 pages) or copy of a similar project or activity undertaken by the Consultant or Consultancy Team on: a) baseline or b) mid-term
study or c) end line study.
- CV of Consultant/Lead Consultants with demonstrated experience.
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed staff outlining relevant experience.
Also included in the bid documents should be;
- A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the survey.
- Itemized consultancy fees/costs.
- Itemized field data collection expenses.
- Itemized administrative expenses.
- Validity period of quotations.
- Names and contact information of three references who can be contacted regarding relevant experience.
- A Consulting Firm profile.
The proposal will be scored on both technical (methodology) and financial (budget) aspects weighted at 70% and 30% respectively.
- Meetings with YRI team as required.
- Presentation of draft methodology with feedback from team.
- Finalized methodology.
- Check-in calls throughout assignment with the key YRI resource people.
- Validation Workshop with presentation of initial findings to team with feedback requested.
- Presentation of final report including recommended strategy.
- Copies of raw data (summaries, audio recordings and analysis of focus group discussions and KIIs).
- Master’s level degree required, in social sciences, such as statistics, public policy, or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring and evaluation.
- Alternatively, a Bachelor’s level degree with 5 or more years of relevant work experience beyond the degree.
- Demonstrated previous experience in coordinating and administering studies of a similar nature; the proposal should detail the informed consent process considering the situation.
- Expertise in PVE analysis and data collection with marginalized populations such as women and youth
- Description of proposed approach for addressing gender equality, adolescent friendliness and child protection considerations in methodology;
- Familiarity with ICT tools.
- Leading quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis with experience in participatory M&E approaches.
- Strong writing and analysis capabilities with experience developing strategies with practical recommendations
- Experience with CVE and/or PVE an asset
- Expertise in statistical analysis skills, especially in MS Data Software
- Prior work experience in Northeastern Nigeria is desirable, and fluency in local languages will be considered an asset.
Method of Application
All bids must be submitted electronically before Tuesday 19/06/2018 (19th June, 2018) at 12:00 (Nigeria time) with the
subject line reading: ‘Neem Foundation Bid for M&E Expert Application.’ Please note that late Bids will automatically be rejected.
For further queries a prospective bidder could send a mail by clicking the apply now button up to 3 days before the closing date.
Only complete submissions will be reviewed, and shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Neem Foundation will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the Bidders in connection with the preparation and submission of their bids to Neem.