Head of Research and Innovation at Gallery of Code
Posted on: 13 June, 2018
Deadline: 25 July, 2018
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Gallery of Code
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Gallery of Code is multi-disciplinary research and development laboratory which combines creative artistic, scientific and technological approaches in solving local challenges thereby fostering innovation and creativity in Africa. It is a partnership with Ars Electronica FutureLab an Austrian based Arts, Science and technology institute.
Through knowledge transfer programs and international exchanges with our partner technology institutions; such as Ars Electronica FutureLab and MIT MediaLab we foster and incubate creative solutions to challenges in Africa while nurturing new inventions through in-depth research and development.
About the Role
- Suitable applicant will be responsible for creating and managing an ecosystem and community around the research lab comprising of Software Engineers, Designers, Artists, Technologists, Institutions, Donors partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- The Head of Research & Innovation will be the responsible for managing the lab and its ecosystem of users with a focus on invention and innovation hence should have a good technology background in Computing and Electronics, use of technology for good and innovation.
- He/She will be responsible for identifying suitable innovators and inventors, creative technologist and managing their relationship with the lab, its resources and technical partners.
- Prior experience in innovation hub management and operations will be a plus as the role encompasses building new partnerships with international organizations and institutions, grant proposal writing, writing business plans and models, idea development, strategic planning, budget planning, financial analysis, managerial responsibilities.
- Create and manage a community of Artists, Software Engineers, creative technologists, designers, Universities, Government institutions and international partners.
- Plan and execute research and development programs aimed at developing new inventions and innovations.
- Develop, review and communicate strategy plan(s) and marketing approaches to peers and senior management; determine key objectives, milestones, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing strategies, and allotment of available resources accordingly.
- Plan and incorporate art thinking and design thinking into research and development programs.
- Collaborate across regions locally and internationally with current partners and sustain meaningful business relationships.
- Seek and build strong relationships with non-profits, international organizations, potential investors and funders and grow these relationships.
- Educational background with a blend of technology and business administration or project management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Electrical Electronics/Project Management with any business or marketing background.
- Innovative thinking. You will be required to think differently and uniquely, this is core of our company DNA.
- Program Management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative with ability to take charge and accomplish tasks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and presentations skills.
- Candidate to possess strong influential skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple internal and external relationships relative to multiple projects.
Method of Application
To apply, send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gallery of CodeSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Executives at NEET Nigeria
- Marketers at BaloTrade Limited
- Air to Ground Integration (AGI) Advisor at RMGS Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Solina Group
- Latest Vacanies at Sure Group
- Front Desk/Personal Assistant at BluePoint Global Services Limited
- Jobs at BaloTrade Limited
- MYJOBMAG MUST READ SERIES: GET THE JOB - USE OF ENGLISH