Jobs At BBC Media Action
Posted on: 30 January, 2014
Deadline: 13 February, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
BBC. Media Action is the internatiorial development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audience~, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
BBC Media Action Nigeria is looking for an interested and motivated candidate to join the Team as:
Assistant Research Officer - Salary - N160,OOO.OO gross per month
The position is Abuja based with frequent travel. The contract duration is for one year with possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The start date is March 2014 with a probation period of 3 months.
- The Assistant Reserch Officer will assist the Head Research & leaming, working dosely with Senior members of the team and other Senior staff members, in the effective.
- Timely and efficient coordination and implementation of research for BBC Media Action's projects in Nigeria.
- Will also b e responsible for providing administrative support to the team (where required).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIUTlES
- Assist in the effective design, coordination and delivery of research for all mass media campaigns
- across a range of thematic areas in which BBC Media Action works, comprising of formative research, process research (pre-testing of outputs) and impact evaluation;
- Assist in facilitating and monitoring all research and outreach activities (e.g. focus group sessions,
- quantttative studies, listening groups etc.), working the budget and deadline requirements:
- Assist in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, interpretation and communication of leamings
- from primary and secondary research work, 10 relevant key Project and Management team, to aid
- strategic thinking and decision making;
- Undertake the supervision and ensuring quality control of research work;
- Assist in the design of research sampling, discussion guides, questionnaire design and design of
- presentation charts;
- Undertake ad ministralive duties to include minute. and documentation of discussions from team meetings, ensuring the availability of stationeries for team use, acquisition of incentives for research purposes as may be required
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
CORE TECHNICAL COMPETENCES
- Basic Knowledge of skills in qualitative research (interviewing, moderating, observation, ability to listen attentively etc).
- Basic Knowledge of skills in quantitative research (questionnaire design and administration, data coding etc)
- Ability to work closely with a production team in applying research findings to media outputs.
- Enthusiasm to leam about communication strategies, development issues and public health issues.
- Basic knowledge of skill in writing reports and briefing documents.
- Basic IT skills, including MS Word, Excel am PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak and write Hausa language is required.
- Analytical Thinking; Strategic Thinking; Imaginative/Creative Thinking; Decision Making; Planning and Organization;
- Managing relationships and team working; Resilience; Influencing and Persuading: Communication; and Self Development
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send in their application/cover letter with an introduction and capability statement stating capability for the job, a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telepone, tax and email addresses) not later than 13 February 2014 to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated on the application cover letter. 'Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortllsted candidates will be contacted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- APP Editor at ActionAid Nigeria
- MEAL & Assessment Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)