Jobs at Blue Mahogany Limited
Posted on: 29 January, 2014
Deadline: 2 February, 2014
View Jobs in Creative / Arts
View All Jobs at Blue Mahogany Limited
Blue Mahogany Limited - We are a high-end interior design firm, dedicated to providing bespoke interiors for residential and commercial clients. We believe that good design is not only beautiful, but functional and we work closely with our clients to produce design schemes that reflect their taste and personality.
Because we are in the creative industry, our corporate culture is semi-formal but we do not take professionalism for granted and we expect all our staff to always act in a highly professional manner within and outside the office environment.
As part of our restructuring plans, we have created the freelance social media officer role to assist us with our social media marketing efforts. You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts.
- You are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred).
- You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business marketing strategy, not just 'selling' to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them.
- You must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance).
- You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
You will be performing the following tasks:
- Creating new profiles (where we do not already have any) and pages (LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting tweets/updates about our events, blog posts, general activities etc.
- Writing and sending out monthly newsletters and updates via email
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask questions
- Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus.
Skills and attributes we expect you to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design.
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan.
- Knowledge of digital media software - Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing software is a plus i.e. iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker.
- Knowledge of social media - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily.
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence.
- Ability to identify a target market and 'speak' to that consumer through social media.
- Experience proofreading and editing.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty.
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams.
You do not need to commute to the office except to attend meetings which will be communicated well in advance to you. Salary will be negotiated according to experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Blue Mahogany LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at an Interior Design Company
- Indoor Sales Executives at Orpheus Music Academy
- Cashier Role at a Beauty Salon - Virtuoso