Our client, Nigeria's leading media agency, has been at the forefront of efforts to build world-class brands both in Nigeria and across the West African sub-region. Today, the agency's clout, professional approach and knowledge of diverse media environments around the continent ensure that the brands it partners with continue to tower above the competition. To help drive continuing growth and expansion, talented professionals (Nigerian or Expatriate) are now being sought for the following positions:
Reporting to the CEO Nigeria/Regional Director, WECA, you will be expected to provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of financial strategy for accomplishing the agency's business mission and objectives.
Specific responsibilities shall include:
- Preparation of budgets and financial reports for the region including statements of income and financial position, tax returns and reports for government regulatory agencies
- Providing- proposals on changes to and implementation of approved accounting policies and procedures whilst overseeing adherence to same by BU Heads of Finance
- Contributing to the achievement of regional business objectives and meeting legal responsibilities across jurisdictions by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Reviewing and standardizing all major regional client contracts, triggering changes for consistency with company financial goals and minimizing business risks.
- Working in collaboration with the regional tax advisors and auditors for effective tax planning.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CFA) with a keen commercial sense
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience in both accounting and management
- Substantial working experience of management, ideally within
- FMCG organizations with a high volume/velocity of financial transactions, and/or in a leading media advertising agency in a developing country environment
- Hands-on working knowledge of how to consolidate BU monthly financial variances into uss profit leak analyses at regional level
- Whilst managing transaction and translation exposures across soft currency environments/jurisdictions.
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Regional Finance Director (RFD), your role will be to maximize the company's return on financial "assets by Implementing/establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
Specific responsibilities shall include:
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows for the company.
- Overseeing the Payroll process.
- Timely preparation and rendering of returns on all tax obligations e.g. VAT, WHT, PAYE etc.
- Advising on financial dedsions by establishing, monitoring, and enfordng policies and procedures.
- Contributing to effective Treasury Management by maximizing returns and limit risk on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA) with a keen commerdal sense
- Minimum of 10 years post qualifying experience In both accounting and management
- Substantial work experience in management, ideally within a FMCG organization with a high volume/velocity of financial transactions that require correct, complete & timely reports.
- Proficient in the knowledge and deployment of ICT and accounting systems ( e.g. Sage line 50 and Pastel/Evolution, and other ERP accounting software)
Method of Application
These positions offer excellent remuneration and career opportunities to the right candidates, and will be particularly appealing to talented professionals (Nigerian or Expatriate) seeking new and exciting corporate leodershlp opportunities in a dynamic organization. For online applications and additional details, please visit www.heworld.com/portal or send a comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.