Switch Engineer at MTN
Posted on: 2 June, 2011
Deadline: 13 June, 2011
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
SWITCH ENGINEER (Benin)
DEPARTMENT: Network Group
•BTS Site integration/upgrade
•Cost savings for in house deployment/upgrades
•Faulty HW units managed via SPMS, recorded and reported
•Meet all availability targets
•Execute change requests/planned work using switch procedures
•Reduce SS/BSS failures.
•Escalate unresolved faults to HLS
•Assist Customer Service Representatives in executing their tasks
•Ensure switching equipment redundancy.
•Track HW faults until resolution
•Supervision of contractors.
•RDLU inspection/ routine visit
•Execute RDLU cutovers
•Site re-parenting using up to date switch procedures
•Execute routine maintenance activities.
JOB CONDITIONS: Open Plan office. Team-based, co-operative. Long hours when required. Some traveling is required. Drivers license.
REPORTING TO: Team Lead, Switch
•Minimum 4 years experience in the telecomm or related industry with at least 3 years GSM SS and BSS experience in the Ericsson AXE environment.
•Experience in Data Transcript, Network Integration and Acceptance Testing.
•Understanding of telecommunications protocols like CCITT 7, BSSAP, MAP, ISUP, etc
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
BSC Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any telecoms related degree.
Method of Application
To Apply for this job, Please visit: http://careers.mtnonline.com/mtncareers/vacancies.asp?deptid=9&id=1644
This vacancy expires on 6/13/2011
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Professional Marketing And Communications Executive at Leadhire Limited
- Regional Research Managers at the International Data Corporation (IDC)
- Urgent Information Technology Job Vacancy at Ultra Media Solutions
- Latest Job Opening at General Electric (GE)
- IT Project Manager at Crestsage
- NYSC Corper at Prodeus Technologies
- CCTv Installation Technician at TechCREW
- Latest Career Opportunity at MTN Nigeria