IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Organizational Development Manager (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will:
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the 10-year HR strategy.
- Perform advanced, specialized duties in organizational development Responsible for providing high-level advisory support in the administration of human resources program.
- Develop and administers various human resources plans and procedures for NRS. Evaluates reports, recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of assigned program or section area. Prepare and maintain special internal and external reports as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Assist with developing, coordinating and recommending changes for the improvement of workflow in HR.
- Identify/incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans.
- Provide a broad range of HR consultative services to all levels of NRS.
- Facilitate HR learning sessions for all NRS.
- Design and develop HR training programs for management and staff in coordination with the Training unit. Develop and maintain instructional programs.
- Make assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of staff accomplishments and performance.
- Train staff on Human Resources issues and practices. Presents course materials.
- Support the development of technical documents, abstracts, presentations, and other reports documenting the achievements, lessons learned, and other findings related to the teambuilding activities
- Assist with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching to supervisors and managers regarding OD methods and tools
- Provide guidance and leadership to team regarding strategies for improving workforce effectiveness, retention, development and growth
- Provide an effective learning intervention strategies on organizational effectiveness.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of Masters Degree in Human Resources Management (HR).
- Associate membership of CIPM compulsory.
- At least 8 years relevant working experience in relevant management experience in Organisation Development and Training background essential.
- Working experience in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams and environments desirable.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills; display maturity and interpersonal skills, be patience and have high stress tolerance.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, quick at analyzing issues and proffering quality solution and be able to handle confidential issues.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: www.iita.org/careers The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package. IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.