CHC Helicopter is a leader in providing unmatched helicopter services that enable customers to go further, do more and come home safely. We carry passengers to and from the offshore platforms and vessels of the world’s top oil and gas companies, in almost every major discovery and production region around the globe.
We operate one of the world’s largest networks of services for government search-and-rescue agencies, with skilled and courageous people who fly new-technology aircraft to undertake missions in the most challenging conditions.
Through our Heli-One business, we also deliver comprehensive and innovative helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services - maximizing safety, optimizing mission readiness and reducing total cost of ownership for fleets operated by CHC and dozens of other operators. Heli-One’s expertise spans airframes developed and manufactured by companies such as AgustaWestland, Bell, Eurocopter and Sikorsky. CHC and Heli-One are headquartered near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and operate more than 250 aircraft in about 30 countries around the world.
Give Your Career a Vertical Lift! At any given moment, on any given day, a CHC aircraft is in the air somewhere in the world. Whether we're transporting the men and women who keep the world's offshore oil and gas flowing, or taking an injured patient to safety, CHC sets the standard for safety, customer service, modern aircraft and efficiency. This is a billion-dollar business built on the foundation of a strong team spirit in our company and our greatest strength is our motivated and passionate employees. All you have to do is get on board.
CHC has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Maintenance for our Nigerian operations. This will be a resident position based in Port Harcourt.
- They will be accountable for the management and coordination of all elements of maintenance activity within the Nigeria operation to ensure delivery of the required levels of technical performance to meet the operational needs whilst ensuring company safety and maintenance standards/procedures are adhered to throughout.
- Lead, coordinate and be accountable for Nigeria maintenance activity to ensure operational maintenance performance targets are met in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Act as the focal point for all Nigeria maintenance operations by providing coordinated management of available resources.
- Hold and fulfill the functions of the nominated NCAA Director of Maintenance AOC post holder position.
- Provide an effective maintenance service to the Managing Director Nigeria to ensure maintenance expectations are managed, understood and delivered.
- Manage the Nigeria maintenance planning organization & liaise with Heli-One regarding joint planning procedures.
- Liaise with H1, CHC Technical Standards Group, Maintenance Support Centre (MSC), Fleet and other internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure all support solutions are effectively explored and delivered.
- Ensure the Nigerian operation is provisioned with suitably qualified maintenance personnel to meet the contracted flying requirements whilst constantly monitoring numbers to ensure the support solution is both efficient and suitable to ensure safe practices and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance of company maintenance processes and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance staff competency and training requirements are fully supported to meet both company needs and regulatory compliance.
- Where required, represent Nigeria senior management team at Union pay, dispute and other negotiations to foster a positive work-force/management relationship whilst ensuring clarity in company position.
- Actively develop and inspire the Nigeria maintenance team’s capability and effectiveness through support, communication, feedback and ensuring individual performance management.
- Ensure nominated deputies and effective succession plans are in place for key positions within area of responsibility
- Act as direct report for all Senior Base Engineers (SBEs) and other Nigeria staff under direct line of responsibility.
- Offer expert advice and briefings to Nigeria commercial elements and customers as required.
- Deputise for the Regional Maintenance Manager AEA as required.
- International travel may be required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license with airframe and powerplant ratings
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at an appropriate management level within the aviation environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience maintaining medium or heavy multi-engine helicopters
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead maintenance teams within a difficult support environment
- Demonstrated experience of managing staff within a similar sized operational environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the operational key drivers and how they may relate to company performance
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with external organizations such as regulators, and key vendors
- Effective communicator, operationally driven, highly credible with strong interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of associated regulatory and national requirements commensurate with the role
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Willingness to live in Nigeria full time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.