APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting for the for the position of:
- Nigeria is one of the fastest growing economies in Africa and APMT's container terminals are key infrastructural sites facilitating this growth.
- APM Terminals is seeking a qualified and experienced Country Manager with strong leadership ability who can drive APM Terminals' ambitions in Nigeria as a critical key focus country.
- Responsibility for the terminal/inland service (IS) portfolio and P&L of the Nigeria region.
- Formulating and implementing commercial strategies, as well as driving cost leadership in all Nigeria terminals.
- Formulating and implementing Country business development strategies and promoting growth of the container and other related business (RORO, Bulk, general cargo, multi-ports, and a wider range of inland transportation and logistics) in APMT Nigeria, and review/propose other associated business opportunities.
- Position and promote APM Terminals as the preferred port and inland operator to relevant parties within the different local markets.
- Ensure that APMT's global initiatives and policies are pursued and adhered to in the Nigerian business.
- Ensure close relationships are developed with stakeholders and shareholders and ensure positive working relations in all joint venture terminals in Nigeria.
- Review all regional performance and intellectual capital ensuring appropriate strategies are in place to uphold APMT's global goals.
- Drive the employee engagement agenda within Nigeria.
- Ensure the drive for world class HSSE within Nigeria.
- 5-7 years proven track record in a senior management position with P&L responsibility
- Ability to provide leadership and manage teams and departments
- A strong personal drive for results and business excellence
- Solid understanding of terminal cost and revenue levers
- Strong strategic mindset and analytical skills, and strong commercial mindset
- Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to deal with conflicting interests and cultural values
- Ability to execute with a high level of mobility and manage high levels of travel.
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in a truly international, cultural diverse and busy environment in one of Africa's fastest growing economies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.