Our client is an investment holding company and a diversified group of businesses, based in the south west region of Nigeria, with interests across several industries. The Group's interests include holdings in 11 subsidiaries and 13 associate companies, among others. The Group is seeking an experienced and motivated individual-for the Group Managing Director position.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate wiil be responsible for the development and achievement of the strategic goals and objectives of the Group.
• Collaborate with the Board to articulate the Group's vision, business strategies and plans for achieving them
• Provide strategic leadership in the management of the Group's investment portfolio towards the achievement of financial and profitability targets
• Champion the contributions of the Group towards the realisation of the economic development agenda of the south west region of Nigeria
• Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or other relevant disciplines will be an added advantage
• 45 - 55 years old
• Minimum of twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years relevant management experience, with at least five (5) years at executive management level
• Should have served as an Executive Director in a reputable organisation with good knowledge and experience of board room processes
• A proven track record in managing a mixed asset investment portfolio and nurturing and developing new business ventures
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key venture partners and investors and champion the formulation of strategic business alliances
• Serve as the Group's chief promoter to various stakeholders (governments, embassies and consular offices, trade associations, etc.)
• Ensure prompt implementation of the Group's approved operational plans in line with all applicable laws and regulations
• Ensure continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the Group's internal processes, systems and controls
• Ensure the optimal management of the Group's financial, human and material resources to optimise performance and enhance output
• Coordinate day-to-day activities of the Group and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors
• First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
• Relevant professional qualification, e.g. ACA etc.
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to address and analyse problems and to think strategically and anticipate, interpret and develop strategic responses to issues
• Ability to successfully lead change and 'transformation within an organisation or Group of Companies
• High ethical standards and integrity
• Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
• Ability to effectively engage with multiple stakeholders
All applications must be submitted on or before Monday, 3rd February 2014 and sent by email to email@example.com with the job title and code (NC001) stated in the subject line of the email. Mails not sent in this format will be disqualified. Each application must include an updated curriculum vitae. All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
© 2014 KPMG Advisory Services, the Nigerian member firm of KPMG International, a Swiss Cooperative. All rights reserved. www.kpmg.com/ng