GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following vacant position:
The Country Executive for West Africa plays a key role in leading the O&G team in West Africa. He/she will be responsible for growing the O&G business in West Africa and will demonstrate leadership by managing all aspects of the O&G business including oversight and accountability for financial, operational, and compliance rigor. This person reports to the Regional Executive for O&G.
- Lead a Regional O&G team in Nigeria + to determine / create customer needs, solve business problems through consultative approach, develop marketing, sales and strategic business plans and be responsible for increasing orders volume and profitability.
- Create and maintain a culture of compliance according to the Company’s compliance standards
- Drive financial rigor and accountability to ensure business plans meet customer need and maximize the Company’s profitability
- Manage overall Sales revenue, margin, base costs and orders goals in a manner that fulfills business goals, while maintaining focus on high impact opportunities
- Accountable for driving leadership and positive work culture in West Africa through ongoing direction, coaching and career development of new hires.
- Develop influential relationships with customers and stakeholders at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
- Provide key leadership in the generation of proposals, Business Selling Team (BST) initiatives, Ecomagination, and Six Sigma quality
- Partner with Sales & Commercial, Operations, Local content, Finance, HR, Legal and Project Management functions to ensure support and successful execution of business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction evaluation, plans, and follow through
- Provide country and site communications strategy consistent with local and global needs.
- Process and analyze data to recommend business strategies to minimize cost and improve CM business.
- Design, develop, implement, and institutionalize process improvements, focusing on enhanced transactional quality consistent with objectives.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least 10 additional years of experience in sales, operations, or strategic planning from the Oil & Gas industry.
- Fluency in English
- Global experience working abroad for a multinational organization in a leadership role with direct reports
- At least 5 years of leadership experience and proven track record of management and compliance leadership
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Desired Characteristics:
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working in multiple countries
- Ability to develop influential customer relationships, plans, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
- Strong sales team leadership skills with a successful sales growth track record
- Strong customer mindset
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Understanding of GE's and customer's financial drivers / needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of market economics, competitive issues, technology and projects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.