Ericsson Nigeria Is Recruiting
Posted on: 17 January, 2014
Deadline: 29 January, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Ericsson
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. we are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
M-Commerce, including mobile payments and person-to-person money transfers, is identified as a high a growth area in the coming years within Ericsson, providing a substantial global market potential - for us and our customers.
Ericsson is now looking to strengthen its team in Sub-Sahara Africa with a number of Solution Architects to drive and further grow its M-Commerce business. This role can be based in Nigeria or Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
- This is a position for an experienced Solution Architect, preferably working already in the M-Commerce domain. As a Solution Architect, you will have frequent customer interaction and will be responsible for managing customer requirements and proposing, based on evaluation, competitive solution alternatives.
- You are part of the Region’s Engagement Practices and work closely with Customer Unit teams from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages. In the pre-sales stage you will take the lead as customer solution responsible for all sales support activities, including workshops, presentations and responding to RFP’s. Depending on the opportunity, you might continue in the delivery stage as lead delivery solution architect with responsibility for the end-to-end delivery execution.
- Part of your role will also be to support business development and portfolio management activities, identifying and specifying main business processes that our solutions support. Moreover, you are experienced in handling constant change of scope and execute your leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors.
- Analyze customer requirements and propose technical and competitive solutions.
- Participate in presales activities such as workshops and RFP requests.
- Take lead as Customer Solution responsible, ‘owning’ the solution offered.
- Develop solution description including solution proposal, design and 3rd party vendor selection.
- Participate and drive evaluation of 3PP’s suppliers/products and solutions.
- Analyze how security requirements from various aspects should be interpreted and suggest best possible adherence.
- Participate in project execution as Lead Delivery Solution Architect.
- Manage the customer solution throughout execution phase including active communication with customer and internal stakeholders.
- Identify add-on sales opportunities to continuously improve margins.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization as well as internally.
- Act as a manager/leader/mentor in day to day situations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues in the region.
- Drive add on sales and business opportunities in order to increase sales, margins and to develop services portfolio.
- Follow up on delivered solutions on an agreed regular basis with customers to keep yourself informed about the life cycle evolvement.
- Recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
- Expected to travel internationally and locally when required.
- University degree in Engineering, ICT or equivalent
- 10+years of relevant professional experience of which at least 5 years in a similar role.
- Strong personal track record from Senior, or equivalent, Solution/Enterprise Architect position, preferably with experience from transactional services, brokering services, charging solutions and hosting models
- Strong track record in engaging with customers and participation in external forums and events.
- Deep experiences of driving analysis of how requirements can be implemented from a technical perspective based on strong business understanding.
- Significant experience from implementation of M-Commerce and SI projects.
- Strong M-Commerce market knowledge and extensive experience to translate value propositions that should be communicated to the market and secure winning propositions.
- Strong understanding of how project management and engagement models work.
- Excellent language skills in English. Skills in other main languages like French is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about EricssonSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Manager at Sidmach Technologies Nigeria Limited
- IT Officers at Data Network Infrastructure Limited (DNIL)
- Data Entry Clerks at Best Value Providers
- Jobs at TeleMagic Communications Limited
- Field Sales Representatives at Carditech Solutions & Consulting Limited
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Job Openings at Main One
- Sales Roles at Smile Communications