The ICRC Is an impartial, neutral and Independent humanitarian organisation, For more information about the ICRC. please visit our website www.icrc.org The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a qualified candidate with the capacity to fill in the following interesting position:
Under the supervision of the ICRC Data Administrator and Protection Coordinator, the Protection Assistant/Field officer is responsible for:
• Management of "non-confidential" individual data resulting from the detention activities in Nigeria, mainly through the ICRC database (PROT5).
• Centralization and management of data related to ICRC assistance in places of detention.
• Treatment and follow up of Tracing Requests, Red Cross Messages, etc. liaison and coordination with the Nigerian Red Cross (NRC) focal point on Reestablishment of Family links (RFL)
• Participation in the RFL training for NRC volunteers.
• Production of reports and statistics upon request.
• Organisation ot meetings (internal and external).
• Preparation, dispatch and filing of non confidential correspondence with the authorities and other interlocutors.
• University degree in Law. Experience in Human Rights would be an advantage.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of Hausa; if possible knowledge of French.
• Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word, if possible PPT.
• Good knowledge of Nigerian geography.
• Capacity to work within a team
• Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others
• Committed to work and able to work under supervision or independently as required
• Able to work under pressure; fleXible and open to extra working hours if necessary
• Capacity to learn and to adapt to new work methods
• Discretion. self control.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma references) to:
ABUJA 29 Kumasi Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Not later than Friday 31 January 2014. Please clearly indicate "Protection Assistant! Field Officer" on your envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Only complete files matching with the profile will be considered