IITA is an intemanonal non-profit aqricullural research-for-dev~lopment (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach IS anchored on the development neeos of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity. reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from aqncunure. We have more than 100 internationaiiy recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org formoreinformationon IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the positions below in its Headquarters in Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial sta ements including monthly and annual accounts
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
• Prepare financial management reports
• Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close reports
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Prepare continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
• Monitor and support tax issues
• Develop and mamtain financial data bases
• Participate in financial audit preparation and follow commitments and future revenues
• Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures
• Provide strategic recommendations ana problems maintain solutions to operational and financial
• Monitor Project funds and the amounts transferred by donor to center Account
• Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Educational, Experience and Other Requirements
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant field with 5 years of experience in accounting, management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, of which 2 years is in a senior position
The ideal candidate must have:
• Good knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles (GAP)
• Good knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
• Good knowledge and experience of ORACLE system or any ERP package
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus.
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct SupervisorlSuperiorofficer at work and evidence of current remuneration package. IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applicafions from female candidates.