Aricom Solutions Limited Recruits IT Technical Support Officer
Posted on: 15 January, 2014
Deadline: 31 January, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Aricom Solutions Limited
Aricom Solutions Limited - We are a IT Consultancy company with a technology and process oriented approach as the foundation of all our service offerings. Our goal is that our development experience should help you achieve success. Our strength lies in our ability to solve complicated, non-traditional problems within a limited timescale - simultaneously adhering to the highest quality standards.
Aricom Solutions Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
- IT technical support officers monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organization. They may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. Depending on the size of the organization, a technical support officer's role may span one or more areas of expertise.
- Organizations increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It is therefore usually crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
- IT technical support officers may be known by other job titles including help desk operators, technicians, maintenance engineers or applications support specialists. The work is as much about understanding how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
Typical work activities
IT technical support officers are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but may include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues; responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate); prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Interested applicant must possess minimum of National Diploma in computer science on any related field.
Method of Application
All application must be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Aricom Solutions LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Technology Sales Representatives - Public Sector at Oracle Nigeria
- Sales Manager at e.Stream Networks Limited
- Project Officers at Co Creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Career Opportunities at Swift Networks Limited
- Customer Care Executives at Cheth Limited
- Company Drivers at Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited
- Receptionists at Idyllic Technologies Limited
- Sales Executives at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited