BDM: Education at Microsoft Nigeria
Posted on: 15 January, 2014
Deadline: 27 January, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Microsoft
Microsft Nigeria - If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
Microsoft Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job ID: 865651-133564
Location: Nigeria - Non Location Specific, NG
Job Category: Sales
- Governments and societies worldwide are increasingly recognizing the importance of developing their education systems to enable their economies and citizens to build sustainable economies and be able to compete globally. Within any country typically 15%-30% of the population are part of the education eco system - whether this be students, educators, administrators, education elites (incl. govt policy advisors) or government officials. This community has a huge impact on how technology is adopted and used to prepare the next generation work force and is central to driving social & economic advancement of governments around the world.
- There are many internal groups across Microsoft with an interest in education, these are brought together under the leadership of the Subsidiary Microsoft Partners In Learning Education Alliance Leadership Team. For more information on the Microsoft Education Alliance please see https://infoweb/educationalliance
- This team, under the guidance of the Education Leader, are responsible for ensuring Microsoft's success in approaching education as "One Microsoft", executing coordinated plans, exceeding our customers’ expectations and delivering against our goals of transforming education, fostering local innovation and creating jobs and opportunities.
- This leadership position will provide strategic leadership to the subsidiary for Education, management and execution of Microsofts plans and other programs in education across the subsidiary including "dotted line" responsibility for Education Alliance v-team stakeholders. It will be the internal leader and external face of Microsoft's plans to help transform education and execute on its vision of " Help students and educators throughout the world realize their full potential"
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Strong sales and deal-closing skills
- Proven experience as an Education SME
- Leadership and management experience to guarantee the development of a high performing education team
- Sales skills with Large Accounts and ability to positively position Microsoft products versus competition
- Proven competence of motivating dotted line reporting teams across the org
- Ability to win in a highly competitive environment
- Appreciation of both short and long term development needs (prioritizing share) to build trust and resilience to Microsoft technology platform
- Ability to work at multiple levels of organizations and adapt approach to any situation
- Ability to develop external partner eco-system to scale execution
- Comfortable with public speaking and the media
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Influence for impact
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MicrosoftSimilar Jobs
- MasterCard Recruitment For Manager, Implementation
- Client Service Officers at Bizpoint Consult Limited
- Evaluation Manager at re:Learn - Co-Creation HuB (CcHUB)
- Web Developers at Xown Solutions Limited
- Head of Project Management at Byteworks Technology Solutions Limited
- Web Developer (Intern) at CS&C
- Latest Job Vacancies at Management Alternatives Limited
- Latest Vacancies at e.Stream Networks Limited