WTS Energy is a leading E&P Multinational Company to the international Oil, Gas and Energy industry. WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industry. We supply consultants to projects and operations of our clients and perform outsourcing services such workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a myriad in oil and gas and energy vacancies. WTS Energy positions in any phase of the project lifecycle; from Geoscience, Drilling Management and Supervision, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Start UP, Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries.
Our client, an international E&P operator is recruiting to fill the below position:
Working in a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers to plan and support the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in water-depths up to 700ft, offshore Nigeria.
Operations involve the following special challenges:
- Subsea completions and well testing,
- Complex smart completions, use of HXT, SSTT, IWOCS, ROV, BOP, etc.
- Late changes to completion designs that are dependent on well results,
- Contributions to well planning and design and the development of the wellhead installation programme,
- Third party staff, service and equipment quality,
- Complex supply chain and logistics,
- Specification of tenders'; scopes of work,
- Verification of equipment and materials (FAT's, SIT's, etc.),
- Interaction with other (engineering) departments,
- Onsite supervision of wellhead installations,
- Troubleshooting of subsea and related equipment problems.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant subsea experience, of which at least 3 in a similar position.
- Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
- Technical / engineering qualification required.
Terms & Conditions Subsea and Wellhead Engineer
- Competitive day rate, paid overseas by first week of following month, net of Nigerian Income Tax. Travel days paid.
- 12 months, renewable based on performance.
- 28/28 rotation
Application Closing Date: 16th March, 2014.
go to method of application »
The responsibilities of Structural Engineer will include but are not limited to the following,
- Prepare all civil engineering matters of drilling site during conceptual basic design, detail engineering, procurements and construction
- Monitor and supervise the required resources, allocated budget and schedule with regards to civil and structural engineering related items for successful implementation of the project budget and schedule requirements are met.
- Ensure the pre-commissioning, start-up and performance test activities are carried out orderly, properly coordinated with the operation and safety departments, and the civil facilities are tested and acceptable based on contractual requirement.
- Review all documentations relating to civil construction system
- Evaluate and verify deviation, design change request, technical change proposals and non-conformance on civil engineering issues submitted by Contractors / Vendors throughout the project phases and provide necessary recommendation for acceptance or rejection on these requests to Project Manager for approval.
- Attend, review and verify all civil and structural equipment inspection, performance testing and analyzing data for acceptance inclusive of during fabrication, field installation and commissioning.
- Minimum 12 years experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 10 years experience working with design contractors.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Computer literate (including good working knowledge of Word and Excel)
- Local Nigerian Candidates are preferred.
Terms & Conditions Senior Structural Engineer
- Work schedule: Resident.
- Duration: Initial contract of 12 months.
Application Closing Date: 10th February, 2014.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply for Subsea and Wellhead Engineer and here for Senior Structural Engineer.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.