John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a public health research and consulting firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world, is managing the joint USAID DELIVER, JSI Global Fund and SCMS office in Nigeria.
JSI is recruiting for an IT Advisor, to be based in Abuja. The IT Advisor provides support to the technical and administrative personnel ofthe JSI country office.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to. the following:
• Ensure and maintain a stable, secure, and robust network infrastructure.
• Performs network' configuration and, resolves problems with infrastructure support software both at the server and user level, with the emphasis on XP, 7,8 and 2008 Server platforms.
• Installs new software releases, system upgrades.
• Evaluates and installs patches.
• Provide both first and second level support, responding to problems, implementing planned changes, and managing projects.
• Ensure user satisfaction.
• Develop strategies for maintaining and advancing the IT Infrastructure.
• Ensure proper execution of such advancement projects.
• Supervise outside contractors.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The IT Advisor will work under the guidance of the IT Operations Manager, who is his/her supervisor.
Applicants for this position should be Nigerian nationals or residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
• B.Sc. Degree in IT or related sciences.
• At least 3 years of network administration and IT related experience.
• Proficiency working with Windows 2008 and 2012 Server, Microsoft Office suite 2003,2007,2010 and 2013, Windows XP,Windows 7 and 8 required.
• Strong knowledge of wireless and wired LAN technologies protocols, programming and network security.
• Is able to take initiative and to work in teams.
• Excellent verbal and written English.
All CVs should be sent to email@example.com
JSI offers excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume within one week from the date of this advert with salary expectation boldly written at the top of the resume.
Please ensure you write the position applied for in the subject line of your email, otherwise you will be disqualified.
Multiple applicants will be disqualified.