Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor: Mercy Corps seeks interested and qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor - ENGINE. The Monitoring, Evaluation &Learning (MEL) Advisor will provide leadership in all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, learning, research, and Information management
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Postgraduate degree in development studies, social sciences, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in research methods, statistics, measurement, and evaluation.
* Minimum 5-7 years of M&E work experience in international development required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
* Knowledge of program development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
* Experience supervising M&E teams and building team capacity to deliver high-quality results.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, EpHnfo, Epi-Data, SPSS, Access, SQL, and any other statistical packages.
* Demonstrated understanding of intermediate and advanced statistics and the ability to summarize, generalize, and make predictions from large data sets.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
* Familiarity and experience large-scale secondary education or school to work and especially targeting marginalized girls or young women programs preferred.
* Experience working in the Middle Belt and Northern States of Nigeria.
* Fluency in written and verbal English required. Hausa language skills desired.
The full details of the position requirements can be found online at: http://bit.ly/1aVZnup
All applications should be sent to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the email on or before 23rd January 2014.
Note: short-listing will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.