Jobs At R21Media
Posted on: 13 January, 2014
Deadline: 17 January, 2014
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at R21Media
R21Media are the marketing leading specialists at the forefront of recruitment advertising and marketing for the FE Sector.
Over the past 6 years we have helped Colleges to fill over 1000 positions per year, giving us first hand knowledge of the recruitment challenges faced within the FE Sector. We have built an unrivalled reputation for successfully finding applicants and developed the expertise and know how to reach the right candidates , whatever the job.
We also work with Colleges to help develop their brand to become an Employer of Choice, which is increasingly important in today’s tough environment, where high competition for top candidates makes attracting the best talent harder than ever.
The Director of Finance & Corporate Services is responsible for providing strategic leadership that will enable the Institute to meet the corporate objectives. With other Institute Leadership Team members, the post holder is also responsible for ensuring that the Institute is managed to the highest degree of effectiveness and efficiency for the benefit of its students and other stakeholders.
ITM has been established by the Cross River State Government (CRSG) of Nigeria in partnership with Highbury College Portsmouth, UK as part of a unique, transformational state wide Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Ecosystem project. CRSG has appointed Highbury to manage ITM to world-class standards.
The vision is to develop a world-class entrepreneurial polytechnic institute, the first of its kind in Nigeria. The Institute will have student success as its central mission and will focus on wealth creation, business formation/growth and employment outcomes to meet the needs of students and the local communities of Cross River State, Nigeria and beyond.
- To lead the Finance & Corporate Services functions, to promote high staff motivation and morale and to be responsible for creating an appropriate professional service identity of excellence in line with the ITM’s vision, mission, strategic priorities and objectives.
- To oversee and be responsible for the continued development and maintenance of the ITM's framework for financial planning and control.
- To ensure that suitable strategies are in place to manage, maintain and develop the Institute’s Estate in line with the ITM’s Strategic Plan.
- To work with internal and external audit providers to ensure that the services received and the ITM’s responses are effective and demonstrate best value for the Institute.
- To ensure that the Institute offers value for money.
- To work collaboratively with and to support other members of the Institute Leadership Team.
- Degree/Masters Degree.
- Professional CCAB qualification.
- Evidence of ongoing professional updating and development in relevant areas.
- Experience of working at a senior level, including developing and delivering strategic initiatives.
- Substantial track record of formulating and implementing progressive Financial Strategies.
- Successful monitoring and control of expenditure and significant budgets.
- Successful experience of managing change in a complex environment.
- Achievement of demanding and diverse income targets.
- Well developed leadership and managerial skills with an appropriate management style, able to enthuse and motivate others to achieve organisational goals.
- Clear, articulate and fluent communication and written skills.
- Effective organisation skills; ability to organise complex projects and daily group activities to achieve given objectives within timescales.
- Ability to process and analyse complex information and present it in an appropriate and coherent manner.
- Ability to visualise the big picture without losing sight of the day to day management issues, and to switch between operational and strategic issues as the need arises.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level in the organisation and deal with projects with outturns in range of 2 to 3 years.
- A commitment to excellence in setting and achieving quality standards.
- Integrity in working life, as shown by commitment to the “best practice” ethics of a finance professional and to probity in a public sector environment.
- Ability to travel independently for business purposes as required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: Highbury@R21media.co.uk
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about R21MediaSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunity at The BBC
- 2017 Graduate Management Trainee Program at Terragon Group
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Beat 99.9 FM
- IT/Contact Centre Manager at Tequila Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Daily Post Nigeria
- Jobs in a Magazine Firm - Haulage and Logistics Nigeria
- Media Jobs at Concise News
- Job Opportunities at DM Holdings