Management Sciences for Health (MSH) - Saves lives and improves health, especially among the world's poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Through PEPFAR, the US. Government (USG) is the largest contributor to programs for OVC in Nigeria. As partnerships with the Nigerian Government, UNICEF, and other donors continue to be productive and strengthened, PEPFAR support has been instrumental in helping key Nigerian government agencies to articulate standards for OVC care and guidelines for establishing OVC programs. Through the CUBS Project, PEPPAR will strengthen capacity of federal and state government agencies to plan and implement OVC programs. The Project will support the implementation of Nigeria's National Plan of Action OVC by developing and strengthening community based service delivery for orphans and vulnerable children.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
- The success of the OVC project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID.
- Achievement of set targets s of utmost importance to the OVC project. Hence, the objective of the MSE Specialist position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of OVC M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health and education systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- The M&E Consultant is also responsible in spearheading the roll-out of OVC M&E plan in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements and he/she is a member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Under the overall supervision of Associate Director M&E, the M&E consultant will assist the team on M&E related activities in the CUBS project.
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director M&E, the M&E consultant will provide support in, data verification, compiling/collating, Data entry, reports in local states as needed.
- Data collection at state level.
- Data verification and reporting.
- Data entry.
- Updating of all databases.
- Conduct routine DQA when necessary.
- Support other Associate Director M&E and the state teams with data needs.
- Facilitate M&E trainings (including mentoring) in states.
- Document outcomes of those meetings, drawing attention to follow-up actions.
- Compile M&E monthly & quarterly reports using templates to be developed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the COP and or Associate Director M&E.
- The consultant will be directly supervised by the CUBS Associate Director M&E. The candidate must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
- The suitable candidate will have a graduate degree in statistics, demography, epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and at least 2 years hands-on-experience at a senior position in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS and TB programs with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR reporting systems is highly desirable, particularly for HCT, PMTCT, ART, Palliative care, and OVC programs.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Nigeria National M&E system and tools with excellent training and networking skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, as applications will not be considered through any other channel. Interested persons must send comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter not
later than closing date of the application. Suitable candidates living with HIV/AIDS will have an added advantage. Women are encouraged to apply.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale