If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
Reference Number: 125-NIG00170
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead small engagement teams with responsibility for on field team activities, coaching, supervision etc.
- Coach less experienced team members on engagements and helps them settle into their roles in the firm.
- Apply your understanding client’s issues to identify business opportunities for PwC and be actively involved in business development activities on respective clients and within the BU.
- Execute Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards and other regulatory/other requirements.
- Support the implementation and configuration of audit management systems
Required Experience & Qualification
- B.Sc. Degree in any course with minimum 2.1 GPA.
- ACA, ACCA, CIA (On going).
- Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Open-minded and open to feedback. Giving timely feedback to members of the team (including upward feedback).
- Positive approach to work effectively delegating (where possible/ relevant) work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
- Demonstrates poise, professionalism and maturity.
- Proactive and demonstrate eagerness to learn.
- Applies professional skepticism. Critically assesses client assumptions/explanations.
- Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with IIA standard and PwC Audit for normal risk sections.
- Able to prepare documentation that meets re-performance standard, is concise well thought out and easy for the reviewer to read with minimal review points and/or changes from review.
- Ability to learn about and work with other cultures.
- Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to act quickly to understand the working environment
- Takes ownership of assigned work; all tasks completed with limited follow up points and within stipulated timelines.
- Appropriately prioritizes work and confirms understanding of priorities with field senior (prioritize based on review schedule (more complex/difficult first) and dependency of other sections).
- Identifies gaps in client’s controls using the control library/control process mates.
- Tracks actuals to budget for their assigned sections / tasks and provides a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the senior.
- Ability to perform internal and external research on clients and their circumstances once assigned to an engagement.
- Demonstrates understanding of less complex issues with clear, concise documentation ( e.g. properly evaluates/documents and other relevant client information and data, file completion steps).
- Questions unusual trends in financial and business analysis and basic inconsistencies in information.
- Understands the purpose of assigned auditing procedures and completes them fully.
- Seeks clarification where required. Consults required audit guides or other appropriate reference material, balancing the need to ask clarifying questions with simple research.
- Identifies straightforward issues and develops a point of view using appropriate research before asking for advice.
- Works efficiently within agreed upon budgets.
- Raises potential issues to the field senior on a timely basis.
- Organizes work in a logical and understandable way.
- Identifies the regulatory bodies and pronouncements that are applicable to client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC etc.).
- Demonstrates awareness of basic risk management procedures on engagements.
- Reads and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm and the PwC IA methodology.
- Shares knowledge and insight widely.
- Demonstrate awareness of PwC service offerings.
- Experience in using audit management applications and tools.
go to method of application »
Reference Number: 125-NIG00171
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead medium to complex engagement teams with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching, supervision etc. or play a support lead role on complex engagements, usually a multi-location audit with responsibility for some high risk components with minimal supervision.
- Perform timely initial review of less complex file sections to ensure audit documentation is of sufficient quality and depth.
- Manage projects to ensure the right tasks are done at the right time by the engagement team.
- Manage internal communications (including planning and preparation of the team).
- Give appropriate and timely feedback to less experienced team members. Provide upward feedback to reviewers.
- Raise potential issues to engagement manager on a timely basis.
- Take ownership of the completion of assigned work and overall file completion through to file archiving.
- Coordinate the review of audit areas and effectively clear partner and manager comments.
- Provide on-the-job coaching to less experienced team members.
- Understand the budget/scope of work included in the fee estimate and track engagement costs, monitor realization and provide a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the manager and partner.
- Support engagement lead or manager in performing internal risk management procedures on engagements e.g. Affirm, Stop-Go etc.
- Engage other lines of service that could proffer solutions to client issues.
- Take up responsibility for billing and collection.
- Active involvement in proposal development, oral rehearsals and oral presentation to prospective clients.
- Adapts communication based on situation/ people/audience.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maturity to effectively represent PwC.
- Communicates effectively with the client; Makes technical points understandable.
- Shows foresight and initiative in dealing with client issues.
- Exhibits confidence in interactions and effectively contributes to group discussions.
- Effectively delegates work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
- Understands and apply efficiency innovations introduced by the firm.
- Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to adapt to achieve positive results.
- Interacts with component or group teams on Group Internal Audits.
- Possess the maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements.
- Knowledgeable of PwC global tools (e.g. Spark, Knowledge Curve, Global Portal, and PwC Inform) and is comfortable with utilizing them.
- Develops relationships with management and key contact persons.
- Makes quality contributions to the delivery of the three client principles (Engage - Agree Value - Feedback)
- Develops confidence and poise to chair team and client meetings.
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Can identify complex technical issues and propose possible solutions using appropriate research and analysis (knows when to involve partner/manager).
- Demonstrates understanding of complex issues with clear, concise documentation.
- Is able to draft client communications and other internal/external reports in a clear, concise and complete way requiring limited edits on review.
- Is able to perform a first level review of reports (ensure that the report tie-out to the work evidenced on aura file, and in line with PwC IA methodology and IIA standards) and effectively clear partner and manager comments.
- Has deep technical skills, can effectively be a subject matter expert (SME) in some areas such as banking, technology, telecommunication, IFRS, auditing etc.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC).
- Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with PwC Internal Audit methodology and IIA standards.
- Is able to appropriately modify the audit approach for change in circumstance or new information.
- Takes ownership of planning, performing risk assessment and designing an audit approach that complies with PwC Internal Audit methodology and IIA standards.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding relationships between objectives, risks and controls within business processes and apply that understanding to develop and audit plan with coaching from a manager.
- Able to lead the identification, documentation of key controls in significant business processes, evaluate these controls for design and operating effectiveness and document work in a concise and coherent manner.
- Completes a timely initial review of less complex file sections to ensure audit documentation is of sufficient quality and depth.
- Understands when specialist assistance is required and assists in coordinating with PwC specialists.
- Is able to reach sound conclusions and clearly document thought process.
- Is aware of and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of internal risk management procedures on engagements.
Required Experience and Qualification
- B.Sc. Degree in any course with minimum 2.1 GPA
- ACA, ACCA, CIA (State appropriate level).
- Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions.
- Minimum of 4-6 years working experience.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.