Vacancies at GIZ Nigeria
Posted on: 8 January, 2014
Deadline: 13 January, 2014
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at GIZ Nigeria
GIZ Nigeria - Our organization is a federal enterprise that supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development’.
- The Potato Initiative Africa (PIA) Coordinator is in charge of the coordination of all PIA activities in Nigeria, including facilitating and maintaining networks of stakeholders in the alliance while working closely together with national partner structures, e. g. Ministry of Agriculture on federal and state level, local private companies, research institutes, etc.
- Following up the implementation of contributions from private sector partners
- Guiding missions and coordinating related consultancies and data/information gathering for efficient implementation of the project
- Coordinating preparation of workshops, field trips and meetings
- Preparation, execution and follow up of studies
- Contact and information exchange with all GIZ programmes in Nigeria
- Continuous monitoring of the activities and follow up the implementation of the contributions of the members of the alliance
- Ensuring that rules and regulations of the GIZ are adhered to
- Regular reporting to GIZ-SEDIN management and PIA-GFP coordinator at GIZ headquarters
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of B.Sc in Business, Economics or Social Studies
- A masters in any of those fields will be an advantage
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of relevant working experience in agricultural or agronomic development projects
- Proven high intercultural sensitivity and very good organizational skills. Your work is process-oriented and you have very good coordination and management skills.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- High intercultural sensitivity and very good organizational skills process-orientation
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the European language widely used in the country and a working knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed
Method of Application
To apply send a copy of your updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and title the mail 'Project Coordinator'. This job opening will close on January 13, 2014.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GIZ NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Executive Vacancies at The Oyo State Board of Internal Revenue
- Managing Director at the Kaduna State Water Corporation (KSWC)
- Graduate and Experienced Job Vacancies at The British Council
- European Union Recruitment for Accounts Clerks
- Apply for the Japanese Government Scholarship for Young Nigerian Teachers