Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c14,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working with large, complex donors to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience of managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond
- Experience of leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation & its stakeholders
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Good understanding of programme, financial and operational management processes
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- Experienced leader who has held senior positions in complex/high profile/multinational organisations
- Demonstrable ability to recruit, lead and develop high calibre specialist senior staff with a range of backgrounds and expertise
- Strong track record in building high performance teams and future successors/leaders
- Experience of leading a large, highly complex organisation through significant change with clear business benefit
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable with developing highly ambitious business strategies at scale and the track record of delivering on these
- Ability to manage and motivate self and others to respond to a significant and complex crisis situation in extraordinary circumstances, requiring swift action and rapid changes in priorities
- Evidence of identifying and building strategic and effective business networks at a very senior level, which have resulted in clear business benefit for the organisation
- Innovative approach to solving a range of highly complex issues and galvanising buy-in to the solutions at all levels
- Highly developed political acumen and ability to navigate through complex political situations
- Strong and nuanced cultural awareness
- Commitment to the Save the Children values
Method of Application
To see a full job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Interested applicants should click here to apply online. Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale