The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
The ICRC Delegation in Abuja is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate with the capacity to work independently to fill in the position below:
- Facilitate the implementation of the First Aid Training program in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations
- Work in partnership with other members of ICRC First Aid team in Nigeria and liaise with the mobile surgical team during joint mass casualty exercises/management and other emergencies
- Work in collaboration with the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) First Aid trainers allocated during joint training exercises
- Develop and maintain contacts with authorities throughout Nigeria and other external interlocutors
- Contribute to setup, design, implementation and monitoring of the First Aid program including analysis of outcomes.
- First Aid knowledge with a valid First Aid Certificate
- University Degree preferably with a health background
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken. Hausa is an asset
- Good computer skills.
- 3 - 4 years professional experience in same or similar field activities
- Confirmed leadership and management experience
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels regardless of the audience
- Initiative, organized, methodical and flexible personality, strong humanitarian motivation, capacity to work independently, very good analytical skills, ability to travel extensively in all parts of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV and copies of certificates/diploma, references) to:
ICRC Abuja, 29 Kumasi Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II,
not later than 14 January, 2014
Please clearly indicate "First Aid Field Officer" on your envelope.
Personal correspondences are non-returnable
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only well addressed complete files matching the profile will be considered.
Register for the American Heart Association Heartsaver FIRST AID, CPR and AED course as scheduled
RIVERS STATE: 09/01/14
VENUE: National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) Conference Hall,
By sansul Hotel, Off ordinance Junction, Transamadi,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
VENUE: Garki Hospital Conference Hall, Area 8, Abuja
VENUE: Destiny Hall, Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-araba, Lagos State.
Please Call Jude on 08039097001 to Enroll,
Course Fee: 25,000 payable to
ACCOUNT NAME: Nursingworld Nigeria
BANKER: Access Bank Plc
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0058796320
Certificate: On successful completion, each candidate receives same day,
1) An internationally recognised, American Heart Association First aid, CPR and AED certificate and a Certificate of Attendance.