Engineer Fibre & MW Transmission at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 13 December, 2013
Deadline: 25 December, 2013
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
- Supervise the delivery of Etisalat Fibre & MW Transmission Project.
- Perform site survey of remote locations to ensure quality installation of all racks, sub-rack equipment, fibre trays and fibre cables, etc.
- Conduct and validate all testing of fibre infrastructure network to ensure adherence to all procedures.
- Work with Fibre Optic, Ethernet and SDH related test equipment including OTDR, Optical Spectrum Analyser, and BER Test Sets etc.
- Perform fibre optic splicing and testing.
- Carry out labelling and tagging of all equipment and cabling according to Network Engineering diagrams.
- Supervise all civil works relating to fibre laying including ducts, wells/manholes etc.
- Work with the Network Operations Centre for final acceptance and testing of all newly installed fibre cables. Tests to include validation of all provisioning, all alarm monitoring to the Network Management System etc.
- Implement transmission work orders (WOs) and validate path budgets to ensure vendors install links as planned.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to make presentations and participate in technical discussions with customers/contractors
- Good understanding of Telecommunications infrastructure and optical design
- Project management
- Understand SDH and PDH technology, WDM, CWDM and DWDM networks and hardware, Ethernet - 10/100/1000BaseT networks and hardware
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online. Note: When the page comes up click on New Jobs (Last 7 days), then click on Engineer Fibre & MW Transmission
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Team Lead, IT Business and Budget Management at IHS Towers
- Latest Vacancies at FPG Technologies & Solutions Limited
- Solutions Architect at Cousant Connect
- Latest Jobs at Ark Technologies Limited
- Technical Support Engineers at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- HR Manager at Transsion Holdings
- Fresh Jobs at Huawei Technologies