Career Opportunities at Dangote Group
Posted on: 14 March, 2018
Deadline: 22 March, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Dangote
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling,initiating,sorting,and analyzing production performance records and data;answering questions and responding to requests
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices,recordkeeping systems,forms of control,and budgetary and personnel requirements
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs;evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize work flow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points,equipment,and resources;maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- 5+years' experience in manufacturing operations
- 2+years' experience in a supervisory capacity
- Bachelor's degree required
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills(oral and written)
- Strong understanding of core demand management process and understanding of forecasting heuristics
- Excellent reasoning and decision making ability
- Report writing and record keeping
- Analysis and interpretation of result
go to method of application »
Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc
Employment Type: Full Time
- Assist with planning and implementing plant improvement and expansion
- Prepare report, analyze and make recommendation for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems
- Contribute to the development of maintenance policies, strategies, plans and programs
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking words orders, spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Implement approved preventive and predictive maintenance plans and programs to ensure the availability, reliability and efficiency of equipment.
- Plan and coordinate production engineering processes on daily basis to produce high quality products and reduce wastage.
- Applying proper supervisory skills team management in achieving all deliverable
- Provide training and guidance to team members to accomplish productions goals.
- Relevant Manufacturing/Engineering degree is preferred, or HND
- 5+ years experience in maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven man management experience
- Completed a fully indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical/ electrical/ electronic discipline.
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), lean manufacturing
- Experience of managing profit and Loss (P&L) responsibilities for maintenance
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain
- Environmental/Industrial analysis.
- Experienced in equipment repair and maintenance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and follow up skills
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and man management skills
- Electric, plumbing, management, maintenance, welding, carpentry skills.
go to method of application »
Organisation: NASCON Allied Industries Plc
- Install, maintain and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on installed electric and mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot complex problems associated with electrical and mechanical machinery by following precedential steps and corrective actions
- Train others to install, use, or maintain electrical and mechanical systems
- Install electric parts and hardware using appropriate tools equipment such as soldering irons Align and fit assemblies using hand and power tools
- Fabricate replacements (temporarily where possible) for unavailable parts until they can be procured from the vendor
- Diagnose issues with complex control systems and employ tactics to resolve them electively
- Execute functions requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles.
- Degree, NABTEB Electrical Mechanical certification or equivalent from an approved institution
- 3 years previous experience in a maintenances technician role
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
- Knowledge and experience regarding industry HSE standards.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: NASCONcareers@dangote.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DangoteSimilar Jobs
- Information Technology Roles at Africa Prudential Plc
- Executive Assistant (EA) At J.P. Morgan
- IBD Analyst/Associate at Exotix
- Division Manager, Capital Market Development at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
- Business Development / Deal Origination Officer at Nexus Capital Markets, LLC
- Career Opportunities at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Relationship Managers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)