Mercy Corps seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior program Officer in its Country Office in Abuja. The ENGINE Senior Program Officer will provide technical assistance for the implementation of a proposed 3 years project to reduce financial and education barriers Cor marginalized Nigerian adolescent girls and young women. The goals of the ENGINE program are to increase girls' and young women's access to
(1) financial education and life skills:
(2) peer-to-peer networks and mentors; and
(3) direct assets (materials and savings).
ENGINE will integrate young women into value chains as well as conduct other market- driven employment opportunities. ENGINE will also work with girls in formal and informal education to increase their learning opportunities and outcomes to prepare them for future economic activities. ENGINE will be implemented in FCT/Abuja, Lagos, Kano, and Kaduna States. Mercy Corps will serve as a sub-awardee to a large interuational company and will collaborate with other stakcholdcrs fix the implementation of the ENGINE program including the Nigerian Ministry of Education and Central Bank, as well as private sector actors.
• BA/S Of equivalent in education. management. social sciences, intemational development or other relevant field. MA preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in education, gender-focused, skill building program.
• Experience managing large-scale secondary education or school to work and especially targeting marginulized girls or young women programs required. Prefer expertise in at least one of the following areas: accelerated learning programs, Islamic and/or community-based education targeting community acceptance of girl's education, increasing economic assets through savings dubs and links to financial institutions. Experience using SMS for training or messaging preferred.
• Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
• Experience with private-sector led iniriativcs and DtlD strongly preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English required. including'report development. wr-iting and editing.
• Demonstrated attention to detail. ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Experience working with country-level ministries and government officials, Ministry ofEducation experience preferred.
• Experience managing sub-grantees.
Full details or position requirement; can be found online on http://bit.ly/1bTf5eU All appltcatlons (Curriculum Vitae with one-page Cover Letter) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER on or before the 19th of December, 2013.