Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) is an independent not-for-profit, self regulatory and self governing organization founded on March 23, 2005 as a stakeholder-led organization, charged with the responsibility of managing the "ng" country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) name space in the public interest of Nigeria and global internet community.
The Association seeks energetic and self motivated individuals to fill the following vacant position below:
Reporting to: The COO, the Head, Finance and Administration
- Ensuring compliance with generally acceptable accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as
- reporting in line with IFRS standards;
- Effective management of the Association's internal control system;
- Coordinating the management and disbursement of funds to meet the Association's expenses;
- Working with the board and management team on the development, review and execution of annual financial
- plan, budget and targets for the Association;
- Advising the Board of Directors on all financial matters including budget implementation;
- Overseeing the administration functions including but not limited to office purchase, record of assets, office and.
- general maintenance, transport, logistics and passages; and
- Preparing and presenting timely management account! financial reports to the Board, COO and management as required.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting or business related discipline
- ACA or ACCA is mandatory
- At least 5 years relevant experience in financial management and administration.
go to method of application »
Reporting to: The COO, the Head, Business Development
- Coordinating and managing all marketing related functions for the Association including but not limited to conferences and exhibitions, communications with NiRA publics, focal point for NiRA affiliated, local and
- international bodies
- Developing business plans in tandem with the Association's strategic plan and for new market penetration;
- Coordinating the business development team to pursue increased revenue for the achievement of association's financial/business growth objectives;
- Ensuring adequate management and maintenance of customer (Registrars) relationship;
- Liaising with prospective clients to secure business deals; and
- Identifying, evaluating, exploring and recommending business deals, options or investment for business growth.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related discipline
- An MBA is desirable
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role within the ICT industry
- Proven track record of successfully pitching for new businesses
- Membership of any relevant professional bodies
go to method of application »
Location: Any City, NG
Reporting To: The President
- Serving as Secretary to the Executive Board of Directors (EBOD) and head of the secretariat of the Association
- Implementing the resolutions of the EBOD and supervising staff of the Secretariat;
- Overseeing the day to day running of the Associations secretariat, interacting with members, government, board of directors, board of trustees, registrars and affiliated organizations;
- Implementing business objectives of the Association as it affects registrars and other stakeholders;
- Managing financial activities of the Association as approved by the EBOD;
- Overseeing the business development and marketing activities of the Association;
- Working in the development and implementation of the Associations short and long term goals; and
- Ensuring compliance with the laws enabling NIRA.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field; MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years experience in an ICT firm at an executive level.
- Proven record of business development capabilities.
- Good knowledge of ICANN policies and procedures.
- Indepth knowledge of Domain Name System/Industry.
- Membership of any relevant professional bodies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com indicating the position applied for as subject of email.