If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Oando Plc is one of Africa's largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market. At Oando, we always on the look out for highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated people who can contribute to our continuing success.
Oando Nigeria Limited is recruiting for the position of:
Vacancy Code: IAM/FT//1537
- The Audit Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide independent assurance on achievement of business objectives and adequacies of systems and controls; high level reports to executive management, clear advise on improvements for both compliance and methodologies and best practice to generate efficiency
- This job incumbent has responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the IA Department, to achieve objectives consistent with the company’s corporate strategy and business goals and to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company's operations.
- The IA Manager also handles fraud detection and investigations as may be required from time to time.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organisation's objectives and goals to be met.
- Plan audit coverage, management and coordination of all internal audit work, reporting to entity CEOs and Board committees as appropriate.
- Hold an overall awareness and knowledge of every function within the entities, in terms of service area, business strategic direction, key deliverables and resources comprising financial, people and systems.
- Provide independent assurance on achievement of business objectives and adequacies of their systems and controls; high level reports to executive management, clear advise on improvements for both compliance and methodologies and best practice to generate efficiency
- Ensure that the audit unit develops and maintains a high standard of customer service and responsiveness in accordance with Oando’s core values (TRIPP). Also ensure that high standards of staff conduct and integrity are maintained, and that appropriate development and training needs are identified and resolved.
- Support the Head, Internal Audit in preparing the annual risk assessment and internal audit plan.
- Develop audit programs and lead preparation of audit reports.
- Track management responses and perform follow-up procedures where needed.
- Supervise and review the work of any senior and staff auditors, including loan staff retained from external professional services firms.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed, organized, and retained for each audit.
- Coordinate with other audit risk management and/or compliance functions in the company, as well as the company’s external auditors, particularly with respect to audit planning and knowledge sharing.
- Assist the Head, Internal Audit on internal investigations.
- Help develop and track departmental metrics and performance.
- Develop and deliver staff training and evaluations.
- Reviews systems and procedures across all business areas and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures, where appropriate.
- Performs other activities as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Audit from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- The percent of the approved audit plan completed.
- Compliance with the Internal Audit methodology and IIA standards.
- The percent of audits completed within 110% of budget.
- The percent of staff time spent on planned audit activities.
- The average overall customer satisfaction score on post audit surveys.
- The percent of high risk areas included in our audit coverage.
- Number of queries from the regulatory authorities and external audit reports
- Quality and timeliness of reports and updates
Qualifications & Experience
- 1st degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related area.
- 7-10 years cognate work experience, 3 years of which must have been at Management level and Audit related from a reputable organization/Institution.
Knowledge & Skillss Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sense of humor, ability to contribute to our Team culture.
- A reputation for possessing a high degree of integrity.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out with whatever needs doing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast–paced, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent financial audit and reporting skills
- Ability to speak persuasively and defend complex positions effectively.
- Self-starter, motivated.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Oracle ERP and audit management tools.
- Work well in a dynamic environment, work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and have excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent Risk Management and Internal control review/monitoring skills.
- Good knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.