UNIX/Solaris Storage Consultant at a Major Telecommunications Company - GVA Partners
Posted on: 6 December, 2013
Deadline: 21 December, 2013
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GVA Partners - We are currently seeking a UNIX/Solaris Storage Consultant who has strong and focused experience with UNIX and Solarix Administration.
The successful candidate will help manage 300+ servers running SOLARIS, Linux operating systems for administrative and telecom applications.
- Designing IT infrastructure and implementing technology to support large user groups & server infrastructure.
- Mapping client’s requirements, custom designing solutions & troubleshooting for complex Information Systems Management –Infrastructure / Project Management
- Disaster recovery planning with proper back-up of critical data in different locations
- Liaising between organization groups (e.g. vertical management; technology practices; domains; support teams) and stakeholders at various levels.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field and relevant LINUX/UNIX certifications.
- 7 to 10 years' experience in Unix administration and at least 8years in Solaris administration
- Good knowledge on Storage and SAN technologies
- Experience in 24x7 Data center operations support and shifts
- Experience in handling the L4 and L5 level tickets in Data center and Solaris administration
- Experience in handling the escalations
- Experience in SLA based projects and good track on closing the tickets with in SLAs.
- Hands on experience in zones and LDOMs.
- Strong knowledge on vertias cluster suite,
- Experinace in ZFS,VXFS,NFS,QFS,SAMFS,SAMBA
- Good knowledge on Oracle(SUN) hardware. M series(M5000,M8000 and M9000) and Sun Sparks
- Experienced in analysing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex information systems management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven abilities in resolving complex issues
Method of Application
Interested candidates should sent their CV to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Event Manager at Pete Gelton Consulting
- Latest Jobs at Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- Personal Assistant at the Perfect PA
- HSEQ Officer at Tsachal Limited
- Job Openings at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Enterprise Sales Executives at Ascentech Services Ltd
- 2018 Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme at Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC)
- Office Assistant at Workforce Group