Human Resources Assistant at International Labour Organization (ILO)
Posted on: 4 December, 2013
Deadline: 16 December, 2013
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at International Labour Organization
The International Labour Organization (ILO) Country Office for Nigeria, Ghana Liberia Sierra Leone the Gambia and Liaison Office for ECOWAS in Abuja seeks to recruit a dynamic and self-driven Human Resources Assistant who will support the personnel
functions of the office by implementing the Organization’s rules and regulations She/he will be working under the direct supervision of tire Director of the Office.
Summary of main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform HR related work inducting processing of entitlements issuance of contract and maintenance of various personnel records and flies search and selection of information and record in specified format or on the basis of general instructions.
- Maintain confidential files of various personnel subject matters including the personnel flies for professional sad locally recruited staff.
- Assist in the selection and recruitment of General Service staff members including revision of job descriptions, preparation of vacancy announcement and publication, evaluating candidate applications and participating in selection panels for recruitments Organize tests and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Prepare and process personnel actions for staff members, and staff requisitions for internationally recruited stuff. Follow-up with RO as well as HO on the endorsement, process and provide data as required.
- Brief officials on general HR and administrative matters arid Maintain central flies of all administrative circulars.
- Prepare External Collaboration Contracts (EXCOLLs) for the office and revise at TO protect EXCOLL contracts prior to the Directors approval and ensure their compliance with ILO rules and regulations.
- Provide advice and assist staff members and their dependents by processing various requests and other necessary administrative documents in accordance with the requirements of the office and the UN and the country of the duty station
- Revise and forward applications for Laissez Passer to HO arid follow-up with the concerned officials on its process and ensure timely receipt by the official.
- Prepare, update and report staffing list as well as prepare and maintain office organizational chart.
- Record, track and calculate annual leave, sick leaves and uncertified leaves for all staff in the office and update monthly leave report and any other report as requested by Ins RO or HO.
- Prepare, on own initiative, or from oral instructions, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general personnel related tasks which may be of a confidential nature, attach necessary background information, arid maintain follow-up system.
- Initiate and distribute action requirements on performance management framework and annual reports of fixed term local and international staff, ensure follow-up and arrange dispatch to Regional Office
- Collect information and assist in the conduct of surveys on local cost of living daily subsistence allowance criteria local salaries for office and servicing staff and assist in housing rentals
- Arrange appointments with UN recognized physicians for compulsory medical examinations. Receive, register and dispatch confidential medical reports to headquarters Medical Service. Prepare and tallow-up on medical clearance forms.
- Maintain contact and perform liaison duties re.th concerned ministries, government offices and UN agencies and Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualification Requirements Education, Language, Experience and Competencies
- Education - completion of HND or BSc.
- Experience - three years of general clerical or administrative work
- Languages - Excellent knowledge of tire working language of the duty station, and good knowledge of another working language.
- Proven ability to use word processing software and email.
- Ability to use other software packages required by f he work unit.
- Proven typing abilities.
- Good knowledge of modem office procedures.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations and good knowledge of personnel practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of protocol.
- Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone and in person inquiries.
- Ability to work wait with others and organize own work.
- Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquires for best course of action.
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
- Ability to search and retrieve information from databases and compile reports.
- Ability to respond to requests horn officials from government offices, ministries and constituents.
- Ability to determine relevant background and reference materials for others, and to screen requests for urgency and priority. Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion.
- May need supervisory skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send applications with recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should be received by latest, Monday, 16 December 2013ILO is an equal opportunity organization. We therefore encourage applications from both men and women
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Labour OrganizationSimilar Jobs
- U.S. Embassy Recruiting for Mail Clerk
- British High Commission (BHC) Recruiting for Chevening Scholarships Officer
- Director, Technical Services at The National Sugar Development Council
- Latest Vacancies at The West African Power Pool (WAPP)
- Political Advisor at the British High Commission (BHC)
- Executive Secretary at the Kwara State Health Insurance Agency
- Ongoing Recruitment at The U.S. Embassy
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Recruiting for Consultants - Over 300 Positions