BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
The BBC Media Action is looking for interested/motivated candidates to join the Team as: Assistant Relationship Officer - (Salary - N160,OOO.OO ,gross per month)
The position is Abuja based. The contract duration is for one year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The start date is February/March 2014 with a probation period of 3 months.
The Assistant Relationship Officer will support the work of the External Relations Department in maintaining and fostering relationships with media and non-media partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Media Relations team in maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant project developments and reflecting their feedback back to other BBC Media Action
• Assist in generating relationship with new media partners on new projects (where possible);
• Assist in the negotiation for transmission/broadcast time for the BBC Media Action's s outputs
• Help to organise trips and events designed to foster and develop relations with a diverse range of partners, as needed.
• Keep good records of all activities, correspondence, budgets, and timetlnes.
• Provide additional support as needed to other External Relations colleagues, including in monitoring, database management, and distribution.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Strong experience with Media, Production, Advertising and Public Relations agency.
• Proven organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and be well versed in the use of the computer.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judqrnent while maintaining a team players spirit.
• Ability to multitask and deliver promptly.
• Strong understanding of the role of communications in development.
Interested candidates should please send in their application/cover letter with an introduction and capability statement stating capability for the job, a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telepone, fax and email addresses) not later than 6 January 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly stated on the application cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.