Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations. governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children's mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
- To lead the operational planning and implementation of the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP), a five year multi-million pound cash transfer pilot in Northern Nigeria funded by DFlD. The CDGP is shortly coming to the end of a 9 month design phase and will begin full implementation in January 2014.
- The Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) will work closely with the National Programme Manager (NPM) to ensure robust internal management and operational systems to deliver the programme with responsibility across the following areas: logistics & procurement, human resources, financial management & reporting, management of internal consortium partner relationships and management of contracts with service providers to deliver cash transfers.
- The candidate must possess at least 5 years' international experience in programme and grant management with a proven track record in managing development and/or humanitarian operations in complex operating environments with at least one (1) year experience in the non-profit sector.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a multicultural team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others from different backgrounds.
- Proven experience managing multi-million pound budgets and excellent financial planning and monitoring skills; ability to manage consortia and multiple partnerships; substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and compliance controls and managing donor funding including strong technical programming literacy and working knowledge of social protection, cash transfer or nutrition programming.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in English with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams.
go to method of application »
- The CMAM Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and implementation of CMAM Coverage surveys, including recruitment of surveyors, supervision of coverage teams and quality check on all data ensuing from the surveys.
- The candidate must possess a degree in a field related to statistics, public health nutrition, epidemiology or any other related discipline, demonstrable experience in the implementation and management of or provision of technical support to nutrition programs (including Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition) as well as experience in working across multiple sub agreements and partners, capacity building/training, project management, budget and resource management, client relationship management capability.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and writing skills; ability to speak Hausa and strong initiative with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
go to method of application »
- The IT Officer will provide IT technical support services to the field by providing computer training to users; trouble shooting, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication and IT equipment and provide IT based back up support.
- The incumbent would support the field office on network trouble shooting ensuring an effective network connection and maintaining the entire local area network installed at the supported office locations, install and configure computer systems and set up new users (i.e. email, anti-virus etc), Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks and support the IT Manager with troubleshooting problems with, all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories and peripherals.
- A University degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Electronic or equivalent qualification is desirable, 2 years proper experience in a similar role, Microsoft, Cisco related certification are a distinct advantage and knowledge of Microsoft windows operating systems, including xp, windows 2003 and window 7.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.v. and covering letter on or before 6th of December 2013 explaining why you are suitable to email@example.com State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on
www.savethechildren.net/jobs For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face. WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN'S LIVES? JOIN US!!!