IT VAS Team Lead at GVA Partners
Posted on: 2 December, 2013
Deadline: 30 December, 2013
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
GVA Partners is also a leading name within the recruitment industry. We have built our reputation on over the years by understanding the markets, businesses and individuals within the markets we work with and this has enabled us to deliver seamless and comprehensive recruitment solutions
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
The successful candidate will coordinate, schedule and follow up on all main actions linked to the VAS platform; S/He must be able to analyse periodically all events on the network, in order to establish corrective actions and ensure safety of data and access to the platform.
- Conceptualize, design and monitor procedures to manage all VAS & IN platforms; preparation/analysis of Logs (Short codes, SMS, Downloads, etc)
- Develop mobile and web applications
- Develop documentation process and procedures for managing VAS network and provide the necessary information required for implementation
- Planning/ implementation of systems and network checklists- perform engineering level network planning and design for all WANS and LANs installed
- Develop a global security plan to ensure safety of data and access to the platform
- Deploy new products and services.
- Manage all IS infrastructure and security as well as implementation of network upgrades
- Ensure systems/ servers are always up, running and backed up
- Liaise with technical partners on interface issues with the telecommunication networks
- Participate in vendor selection process including: requirements gathering, RFQ issuance, vendor evaluation, procurement, etc
- Ensure 24/7 service availability of mobile media content and infrastructures
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements are in place and adhered to by technical services team to the business.
- Very strong technical background with a flair for technology management; minimum of 5 years experience in VAS solutions.
- Knowledge of VAS platforms,Linux,scripting or programming capabilities is a MUST and should be reflected on resume
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
- Linux certifications will be a very strong advantage
Requirements and Competencies
- Familiar with VAS equipments and platform (exposure to the single-wire gateway an added advantage)
- Familiar with telecommunication technology architecture
- Familiar with SMSC,MMSC,SMPP,IVR,Short codes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS and ASP.NET; Web/ Internet content filtering.
- Stakeholder- relationship management skills
- Planning, analytical and project management skills
- Domain name, service configuration and management; antivirus management and firewall configuration
- Network Optimisation: High speed LANs based on fast Ethernet technologies, Local to WAN
- connections, wireless LAN, TCP/IP and other protocols
- Programming skills (Visual, Basic and / Java); Operating systems/Database : Windows (2003, XP,
- Vista, Red-Hat Linux (Shell Scripting), Oracle DB, SQL, Php, Java)
- Microsoft Application Suites: Office 2003 (English), Visio and Project
- Hardware: Administration and setup of Intel / Dell servers and PC systems with the following
- peripherals: mouse, monitors, multimedia systems, memory and network cards
- Good communication skills and strong customer – centric focus.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CVs to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at Byteworks Technology Solutions Ltd
- Team Lead - Quality Analyst at Lorache Consulting
- Front Desk Officer at Rovedana Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancies at Elevantix Consulting Limited
- Job Openings at AIM Group Limited
- Job Vacancies at Proten International
- Job Vacancies at Adexen Recruitment Agency