Marketing & Business Development Manager at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 2 December, 2013
Deadline: 15 December, 2013
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View Jobs posted same day
Stresert Services Limited - Our Client is one of the leaders in the cement and building materials industry across Nigeria and Africa.
- Reports to the general manager
- Staff: Market Analyst, Indirect - Sales Reps who work directly with AMs
- The role is part of the client’s Mix Concrete subsidiary.
- The role will be responsible for championing business expansion opportunities (justification & feasibility confirmation), lead efforts to shape the Nigerian concrete industry standards & practices and take the lead on selected Key Accounts relationships. The role will also have ownership on policies on pricing and consistency of sales approach across the 3 hubs (including training programmes for the sales force).
- The role will be the main point of contact for the Country Marketing and Key Accounts team.
- Dimensions: 8 plants (2014: 17), Sales 80K m3 (2014: 350K m3), Turnover12MEUR (2014: 50MEUR), VAPs 4% (2014: 5%), Capex Spend 7MEUR (2014: 15M EUR).
Health & Safety
- Contribute strongly to Risk Management Health & Safety priorities, particularly with customers and sales force
- Regular conduct in the Risk Management plant and/or offices at least two (2) per month to assess H&S compliance, with documented report
- Select and champion at least 1 important Risk Management safety action items, in consultation with RMC safety manager and GM
- Originate business leads, conduct market evaluations, and assess overall impacts for business opportunities in Nigeria
- Review and assess project/proposal business and financial information, analyse risks and opportunities, and make recommendations.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of business cases to management for approval.
- Negotiate and close agreements and business contracts that meet Ready-Mix commercial, legal, and operational interests and criteria.
- Co-ordinate the final review of projects plants/proposals and contracts, including required documentation before signing
- Act as the primary point of contact for contracting and business development opportunities.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement through the analysis of successes and failures, and make effective/appropriate shifts in business strategy as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the Business Unit Marketing plan. Ensure planned marketing activities are executed optimally and effectively.
- Collaborate effectively with Group & Country resources on Marketing and Communication activities
- Provide/source expert advice, support and planning for developing and administering high-profile marketing initiatives, programs and projects relating to business and brand development.
- Create business attraction in alignment with company Strategic Initiatives; advertising campaigns and marketing activities including branding, strategic research, writing, presenting, and creative development as well as implementing promotions.
- Pricing: Custodian of pricing policy. Develops pricing guidelines for each Area and refreshes the same from time to time as necessary
- Key Accounts: Take ownership of a few selected Key Accounts relationships in consultation with GM
Learning and Development
- Ensure necessary level of competency and development for direct reports
- Oversee functional training & development programs for the Sales force
- Fully understand the necessary Sales approach (TOP model) and champion alignment in all areas
- Ensure that Marketing organization & processes are fully aligned with evolution of the business in light of rapid expansion
- Other responsibilities as may be agreed from time to time with the GM, noting that the business is fast evolving
- Graduate in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or other related field. Master’s Degree in one of these disciplines would be an added advantage; membership in related professional organizations. Experience at senior-level management and/or in dealing with high level business executives/decision makers is highly desirable. Business Acumen, entrepreneurial approach and high level of negotiation skills are critical to the role.
- Salary is very competitive and above industry standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please forward their CVs to: email@example.com using the 'MKT & BUS DEV MGR' as subject of mail. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Limited
- Site Architect/ Engineer at Pieach Limited
- Managing Director (MD) at AFRIEX Nigeria
- Credit Control Manager at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Limited (AMFacilities)
- Latest Jobs at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Facility Manager - Bids and Proposal at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services
- Graduate Receptionist at a Reputable Construction Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Facility Manager at Plusworld Realtors and Investment Ltd