Marketing & Business Development Manager at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 2 December, 2013
Deadline: 15 December, 2013
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View Jobs posted same day
Stresert Services Limited - Our Client is one of the leaders in the cement and building materials industry across Nigeria and Africa.
- Reports to the general manager
- Staff: Market Analyst, Indirect - Sales Reps who work directly with AMs
- The role is part of the client’s Mix Concrete subsidiary.
- The role will be responsible for championing business expansion opportunities (justification & feasibility confirmation), lead efforts to shape the Nigerian concrete industry standards & practices and take the lead on selected Key Accounts relationships. The role will also have ownership on policies on pricing and consistency of sales approach across the 3 hubs (including training programmes for the sales force).
- The role will be the main point of contact for the Country Marketing and Key Accounts team.
- Dimensions: 8 plants (2014: 17), Sales 80K m3 (2014: 350K m3), Turnover12MEUR (2014: 50MEUR), VAPs 4% (2014: 5%), Capex Spend 7MEUR (2014: 15M EUR).
Health & Safety
- Contribute strongly to Risk Management Health & Safety priorities, particularly with customers and sales force
- Regular conduct in the Risk Management plant and/or offices at least two (2) per month to assess H&S compliance, with documented report
- Select and champion at least 1 important Risk Management safety action items, in consultation with RMC safety manager and GM
- Originate business leads, conduct market evaluations, and assess overall impacts for business opportunities in Nigeria
- Review and assess project/proposal business and financial information, analyse risks and opportunities, and make recommendations.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of business cases to management for approval.
- Negotiate and close agreements and business contracts that meet Ready-Mix commercial, legal, and operational interests and criteria.
- Co-ordinate the final review of projects plants/proposals and contracts, including required documentation before signing
- Act as the primary point of contact for contracting and business development opportunities.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement through the analysis of successes and failures, and make effective/appropriate shifts in business strategy as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the Business Unit Marketing plan. Ensure planned marketing activities are executed optimally and effectively.
- Collaborate effectively with Group & Country resources on Marketing and Communication activities
- Provide/source expert advice, support and planning for developing and administering high-profile marketing initiatives, programs and projects relating to business and brand development.
- Create business attraction in alignment with company Strategic Initiatives; advertising campaigns and marketing activities including branding, strategic research, writing, presenting, and creative development as well as implementing promotions.
- Pricing: Custodian of pricing policy. Develops pricing guidelines for each Area and refreshes the same from time to time as necessary
- Key Accounts: Take ownership of a few selected Key Accounts relationships in consultation with GM
Learning and Development
- Ensure necessary level of competency and development for direct reports
- Oversee functional training & development programs for the Sales force
- Fully understand the necessary Sales approach (TOP model) and champion alignment in all areas
- Ensure that Marketing organization & processes are fully aligned with evolution of the business in light of rapid expansion
- Other responsibilities as may be agreed from time to time with the GM, noting that the business is fast evolving
- Graduate in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or other related field. Master’s Degree in one of these disciplines would be an added advantage; membership in related professional organizations. Experience at senior-level management and/or in dealing with high level business executives/decision makers is highly desirable. Business Acumen, entrepreneurial approach and high level of negotiation skills are critical to the role.
- Salary is very competitive and above industry standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please forward their CVs to: email@example.com using the 'MKT & BUS DEV MGR' as subject of mail. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Sales Manager Vacancy at a Large Building Materials Group - WOWJobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at Kaduna State Facilities Management Agency (KADFAMA) CONT.
- Latest Job Vacancies at Kaduna State Facilities Management Agency (KADFAMA