The Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN), as the foremost body in Nigeria, strives to promote excellence integrity and accountability in the creation of economic value through judicious use and management of finanacial resources, transition management imperatives and the need to be more effective in the pursuit of the institute's mission critical objectives have combined to create exciting career opportunities at executive leaders.
The position reports to the Deputy Registrar - Technical Services and is responsible for providing intellectual insights and professional guidance on the Institute's value propositions for the development of the accounting profession in Nigeria.
• Provides leadership of a highly effective and efficient Technical and Education (T&E) Directorate ensuring response to long term needs of professional accountants
• Initiates and coordinates research activities on topical, financial and economic issues aimed at enhancing the scope and quality of research reports produced by the Institute for regular publication in technical journals and memoirs
• Networks with senior researchers and academics at national, regional and global levels, to ensure continued relevance and
recognition of research activities undertaken by ICAN
• Establishes and maintains dose links with national policy research Institutes and academics to promote research relevant
to the accounting profession and issues of interest to ICAN and its members
• Relates with and coordinates responses to requests from organizations such as !FAC, PAPA and ABWA on technical matters
• Manages the T&E Directorate and provides guidance on building capacity of staff in the Directorate
• Coordinates and supports initiatives aimed at promoting thought leadership on the accountancy profession in Nigeria and the Institute's efforts at providing technical support for members
• Identifies and recommends research funding opportunities with local and international development agencies
• Engages stakeholders, leads the analysis and provides insights into public policy developments communicating positions that affects the economy, institute and professon.
The ideal candidate must possess strong research, analytical, reporting and oral communication skills. Success in this role
demands diligence, attention to details, inquiring capacity, strategic mind-set, leadership, creativity and proficiency in the use of information technology tools. The ability to work in partnership with diverse groups and sensitivity to the needs and expectations of different stakeholders are also essential skills for this role.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of Ph.D in a relevant discipline including Accounting and Economics and attainment of academic excellence up to the level of professor, will be an advantage
• Minimum of ten years post professional qualification experience and possession of the relevant professional certification (AcA) Experience in leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of research programmes.
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your resume electronically to email@example.com quoting the relevant reference code for the position in the subject. Application closes 2 weeks after the date of this publication. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.