Mercy Corps seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Finance Officer in its Country Office in Abuja. Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Officer will ensure the accuracy and completeness of Mercy Corps accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Four or more years of general ledger accounting experience is required.
* A university degrce in accounting is required.
* Advanced degree in accounting from rccognized university or professional accounting qualification such as ACA, CPA, ACCA is desired
* Two or more years' experience in the Finance Department of an international NGO is preferred.
* Two or more years of experience in grant management within an international NGO is preferred
* Experience in institutional capacity assessment and capacity building is an advantage
* Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software such as Serenic Navigator, Quick books, Sun systems
* Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
* Prior management expenence and strong organizational skills
* Excellent oral and wntten English skills
Full details of position requirements can be found online on: http://bit.ly/1iPcTGw Curriculum Vitae and one-page Cover Letter should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date is Friday, 6th December, 2013