As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
The Technical Safety Officer will be expected to support the completion of technical Safety studies for the design and execute phases of projects. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Technical Studies
� Drive compliance with Ship Collision Studies.
� Implement and maintain Fire, Gas dispersion and explosion analysis.
� Maintain Fire protection and deluge system.
� Coordinate HAZOPS, HAZIDs and HRA.
� Deal with Riser and SSIV risk Assessment.
� Release and exhaust gas dispersion
� Hull Design and security risk studies
2. Human Factor Engineering
3. Qualitative Risk Assessment
Engineering degree or equivalent with 5-10years experience in upstream and or downstream and 3+ years as a member of a deepwater project team in an HSE role. Should have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering key HSE projects on time, within scope with end-to-end accountability.
� Ideally a strategic thinker with a sense of good judgment.
� Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting goals and priorities.
� Able to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders as well as team members.
� Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
go to method of application »
- Provide support in planning the completion design to achieve Best in Class performance and production rate in Bonga Southwest and Bonga North projects while championing strong HSE culture. The Bonga South Wells and Bonga North completion design vary from single zone Cased Hole Frac Pack wells to triple zone Smart Completion.
- Ensure process safety considerations are fully embedded in the planning and design.
- Define the completion cost and schedule estimate appropriate to the project phase using SNEPCo internal, regional and global data for top quartile benchmarks.
- Provide Support to completions input to various project deliverables and control documents- including but not limited to Field Development Plan, Basis for Design, Value Improvement plan, Management of Change, Well Proposals, Environmental Impact Assessment, Risk and Opportunity register, Interface management.
- Provide support to the SNEPCo Completion Design Standard to ensure standardization of well concept and interchangeability of equipment across the project.
- Establish and maintain data and information management systems as necessary
- Provide support to various technical tenders, develop the technical specification and progress the following specialized tenders from tender initiation to contract award: Intelligent Wells products and services, Expandable Completion products, OCTG Production and Injection Tubing and Sand Exclusion Screens.
- Coach and mentor younger CWI staff in the Well Delivery Process in accordance with the Wells Framework.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years CWI experience with at least 3 years in completions
- Drilling/CWI Round I and Round II
- Demonstrated success in a technical Deep Water Drilling/CWI position is required
- Experience in completion design and programming and the application of DCAF.
- Experience in operations logistics and materials
- Knowledge of the application of QA/QC processes and procedures.
- Experience in floating, deepwater completions and intervention operations.
- High level of HSE commitment and awareness.
- Good working knowledge and experience with the standard suite of well engineering software including:
- Good communication skills in order to fit into a multinational work force.
- Good command of the English language, written as well as verbal.
- Good report writing, communication skills and PC skills
- Good commercial awareness and appreciation of life cycle costing.
- An ability to work independently with the minimum of supervision.
- Flexible, self-motivated and dynamic personality, capable of performing in a work environment which only provides limited resources.
Method of Application
Click here to apply online, when the page opens , select AFRICA from region button and NIGERIA from Country.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale