Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. it was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FHl360) to sustain FHI's achievements in strengthening indigenous organizational capacity in' Nigeria. AHNi currently has its
headquarters in Abuja.Nigeria. To strengthen our operations in the country. We are seeking: qualified candidates for the following position:
The Senior Technical Officer-Laboratory Services under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator will provide technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality laboratory services within the HIV care and treatment project in Nigeria, including laboratory capacity development at project health facility sites andAHNi partners understand and can support these
requirements. Give technical support and develop quality policies, quality tools, SOPs and recommendations related to the implementation, monitoring and quality assurance oflaboratory services for HlY/AIDS, opportunistic (01), care and treatment in collaboration with technical staffwithin AHNi and at national, state and local agencies in S/W Nigeria.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
• Master's degree in laboratory sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service in practical settings and a minimum of 5 years' experience in laboratory services including a minimum of3 years related to HIV/AIDS at the clinic level. Experience in peR techniques and laboratory TB activity is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in laborator services for HIV/AIDS care and treatment required with some experience in an international development area preferred. Certificate of license to practise as a medical laboratory scientist preferred. Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and eBOs highly desirable
• Experience in the management of laboratory services, particularly health facility-based services, including quality assurance systems, laboratory analysis and intcrprctauon and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices and safe work practices. Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required. Expertise in hematology, TB and blood safety issues will be an added advantage
• Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Under the supervrsron of the State Coordinator/STO will work with the country office. state-level staff & government counterparts and IAs to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on donor and Government of Nigeria.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
• BSc/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, laboratory sciences, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with at least 1 year relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, data management, Program management and Health Systems strengthening project in general
• Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGO's is highly desirable
Please forward suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document from the date of publication to: firstname.lastname@example.org for Senior Technical Officer-Lab. Services & email@example.com for Assistant Technical Officer-State respectively. Vacancy closes 10 days after this publication. AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.