Business Development, Marketing and Communication Team
The Marketing Communications & Business Development (MCBD) team focuses on positioning the firm, opportunity management and ensuring sales effectiveness & best practice across the firm’s opportunities. The team focuses on ensuring that business development activities deliver return on investment. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
• To provide strategic advice and tactical support for client relationship management (CRM) teams.
• To help generate opportunities - driving these through the sales levels to realise revenue from them.
• To take responsibility for driving the priority account programme. Help set and manage targets in priority account planning and CRM
• Play an active role in planning account strategy, driving value propositions and CRM activity with clients – as well as soliciting and acting on structured feedback
• Play an active role in helping the industry leader manage the industry pipeline (as it pertains to priority clients)
• Build deep understanding of service offerings and client portfolio
• Build strong relationships with LoS/Industry leaders
• Report on BD activities to industry group/LoS leadership
• Support Client Relationship Partners in delivering against Priority account management timelines
• Manage multiple projects in multiple industries
• Enhance business management through management of ClientStream
• Drive pipeline and lead the pursuit process for all major opportunities.
• Attend client, prospect and/or intermediary events and ensure effective follow up on these events.
• Attend and lead Account Planning Workshops (APWs).
• Assume relationship/account management responsibilities for a number of priority accounts
• Implement account planning best practice
• Drive relationship building and develop and/or drive One Firm opportunities on these accounts.
• Work with other MCBD members to ensure that the Firm’s insight, thought leadership and marketing campaigns are properly targeted, driven and deliver return on investment.
• Coach Partners and staff on business development and opportunity/pursuit management.
• Ensure the messages and learning from Client Feedback are shared and acted upon to help increase opportunity conversion and client satisfaction.
• Be accountable and able to demonstrate relationship management, revenue conversion and return on investment (ROI).
• University degree in social sciences, business administration, marketing or in a related field from a recognised institution.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a sales or research role. Experience working in a professional services organisation will be an advantage.
• A flair for working with figures, marketing concepts, positioning, sales planning, competitive analysis, understanding the customer, service development, client relationship management, creative services.
• Confident, self-starter
• Able to work on their own initiative
• Excellent writing skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
• Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
• Ability to multi task
• Flexibility to work outside normal office hours when required
• Background or interest in research and sales
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.