The Integrated Neglected Tropical Diseases Control Programme is supported by UK Department for International Development (DFID) led by Sightsavers in partnership with other NGOs, private organisations and the academia. The programme aims at strengthening the capacity of the national disease programmes and streamlining supply chains to get the drugs to the people who need them. Sightsavers is a highly respected international development organization working to eliminate avoidable
blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people. We work with local partners in developing countries to tackle the main causes of avoidable blindness including cataract and a group of diseases that have been coined 'neglected tropical diseases' (NTDs) such as river blindness and trachoma. Sightsavers is expanding its NTD work in Nigeria and we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals to support this ambitious programme.
The NTD Manager will be a member of the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme Management Office (PMO) and will report to the Head of PMO. The NTD Manager will oversee the management of the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme in Kano, Katsina and Zamfara States. This resource will work closely with the Head of PMO and implementing partners to ensure the delivery of the programme targets and monitoring of programme activities, and work with the state team to ensure quality assurance.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To support the Head of PMO to provide effective management, coordination, and technical advice to the programme to ensure delivery of the programme target / objectives.
2. Support the state programme teams to identify and develop innovative approaches for the implementation of Mass Drug Administration to ensure delivery of programme targets.
3. Support the Head of PMO in monitoring the implementation of the programme in Kano, Katsina and Zamfara States.
4. Support the Head of PMO in ensuring the use of monitoring tools developed by HPI in the states.
5. Support the Head of PMO in revi!lwing the evidence provided by partners for the delivery of milestones for payment.
6. Assist the state programme teams to identify opportunities for operational research.
The Finance & Risk Officer will be a member of the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme Management Office (PMO) and will report to the Head of PMO. The Finance and Risk Officer will be responsible for financial oversight of the project, maintaining consolidated programme accounts, cash flow management, payment processes and ensuring that the risk mitigation strategy is applied throughout the project. The Finance and Risk Officer will work closely with the Head of PMO and implementing partners to ensure the financial principles of the contract are complied with and that proper accounting records are maintained for reporting to DFID.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure financial control and managing risk
2. Ensure conformity to the' principles of the contract with specific emphasis on Financial Management & Controls, Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting.
3. Financial Monitoring & Audits
4. Monitor and Retain financial record
5. Verify claims by partners and recommend for payment
6. Ensure compliance with local regulations and governance requirements Programme Management
The Data Manager will be a member of the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme Management Office (PMO) and will report to the Head of PMO. The Data Manager will be responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting on the Epidemiological and social data and training, mass drug administration and maintenance of lnformation technology for the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme in Kano, Katsina and Zamfara States. This resource person will work closely with the Head of PMO and ensure the accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness of the programme data.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support the Head of PMO to oversee data entries, validation, analysis and reporting on the epidemiological, social data and training, mass drug administration and maintenance of information technology.
2. Support the state programme teams in ensuring the collection of quality data.
3. Ensure the timely dissemination of reports including key performance indicators to the Head of PMO to ensure timely production of programme reports.
The driver will be responsible for conveying the staff of the PMO to the field and other necessary travels
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The driver will be convey the PMO staff to the field and other necessary travels Ensure the vehicle is clean and serviced when due.
Qualified and interested candidates should download and complete the Sightsavers UK Application Form from www.sightsavers.org. Please email the completed form together with your CV to email@example.com by 31st November 2013. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgements for applications made. We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.