We are an international development organization which focuses on building eye health systems and championing the rights of disabled people in developing countries by working with partner organizations in poor and least served commumties. We support ongoing activities that prevent and cure blindness, restore sight and promote equal oppcrtunities for visually impaired people and otherwise disabled people.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the position of two Programme Officers in our office in Kaduna, Kaduna State, Nigeria. The Programme Officers will report to The Programme Manager.
DESCRIPTION OF POST/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with partners to ensure effective and smooth implementation of projects within budget, supporting them to manage all aspects ofthe project cycle (project development. unptementanon, financial management, monitonnz and evaluation etc) support partners to ensure all projects are appropriately documented, and to ensure timely and high quality reporting (both narrative and financial)-
- Be an active member of the country team. assisting the Country Director and Programme Manager to compile regular reports monitoring and analyzing progress against the five-year strategic pl
- Provide regular reports regarding field activities
- Represent the organization at all levels with government, partners and other agencies, and advocate for the organizations philosophy and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Social Sciences or Public Health (MSc. quali fication will be an advantage)
- At least 5 years' experience in project management ideally in an NGO or similar environment
- Have strong analvtical skills and ability to work independently within a team: be proficient in IT.
- Knowledgeable in management, with previoous experience in health related projects and community development programmes will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with donor agencies or managing grants will be an added advantage
- The suitable candidate should have extensive project management skills and experience (understands and works with project budgets, forecasts and reports).
- Have excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Be ready to travel extensively within Nigeria
State four bullet points to demonstrate why you are a suitable candidate for this role. Qualified and interested candidates should request for Sightsavers Application From: firstname.lastname@example.org Please email the completed form together with your
CV to: email@example.com:
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be received at the expiration of the deadline of 30th November 2013.