Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates was ranked as one of the top 25 global research firms in 2010. The employee-owned company is an AA/EO employer, has multiple offices in the United States, program offices in nearly 40 countries, and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Please refer to our web-site at www.abtassociates.com more information on our work. Through the Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector, USA!DfNigeria is continuing its efforts to increase the capacity of private sector providers in delivering quality tamiiy planning counseling and maternal/child health services. Abt Associates Inc. is seeking a candidate for a Technical Specialist ll/Regional Manager to provide overatl management ot the Project's regional office in Kaduna, covering the States of Benue and Nasarawa States.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following but are not limited to:
• Manage and oversee al! project activities in the region including: cevelopmg strategies to expand delivery and increase use of quality ctinic- based private sector FP/RH counseling and services, Iacrhrate regional private sector participation in policy diatogue, collaboration, and partnerships between the public and private health sectors
• Coordinate with the Access to Finance Advisor and Senior Reproductive Health Planning Technical Director to design and implement strategies for regional interventions
• Organize and facilitate coordrnanon meetings in the region
• Conduct out-each with private provider associations and state government regulatory bodies to promote/development of the private health sector
• liaise with other NGOs and donor supported activities targeting private sector providers to ensure optimal coordination.
• Coordinate with the Program and M&E teams on the design, implementation} and monitoring of regional interventions
• Collect and synthesize the necessary inputs and data for the reglonai component reou.red to draft Quarterly and annual progress reports
• Coordinate with the project headquarters office in Lagos to mobilize the resources needed tor the execution of regional activities
• Produce regular status reports on regional project activities
• Serve as the point person and technical resource to facilitate the documentation, divsemmation, and replication of project best practices throughout the region.
Qualifications Skills/Knowledge Required:
• Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Business, or other relevant field.
• At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the health sector, preferably in the private sector or related to timely planning, reproductive health, clinical training, and behavior change communication
• Strong orgamzational and management skills.
• Willingness and abWr.y to travel between Kaduna, Benue and Nasarawa Advanced written/orat skills in Enghsh (writing sample may be requested)
• Dmonstrated knowledge otthe Nigerian health system
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment, and the capacity to create demand for health services in low demand areas.
• Experience with donor funded mtarnauonai health programs in Nigena highly desirable; USAID experience preferable
To apply please put the name of the position in the Subject line and attach a cover letter and resume/CV and email to:
email@example.com within two weeks.