Dangote Cement Plc is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and the only Nigerian company listed among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to being present in 14 other African countries. To consolidate its current strategic expansion drive, Dangote Cement Plc is seeking to recruit high-calibre candidates for the undertisted position in its logistics Team:
Successful candidates will oversee/assume responsibility for managing the planning, operation and maintenance of 300 trucks to achieve seamless operations in the transportation department; supervise the operational aspects of Dangote Cement Group's plant Transport Department to ensure that all activities are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participate in the design and articulation of Dangote Cement Group's transportation strategy, policies end procedures to ensure alignment with plant operations.
• Coordinate the execution of Dangote Cement Group's transportation operational strategy/plan in line with agreed upon guidelines.
• Develop fleet administrative standards and vehicle operating policies for the plant fleet.
• Oversee the tracking of DCP's fleet and generation of relevant reports as required.
• Supervise fleet scheduling and planning activities to ensure timely delivery of products to depots/customers.
• Oversee liaison with maintenance unit to ensure trucks are in good working condition at all times,
• Ensure that truck drivers adhere to company regulations and freight transportation laws.
• Prepare a transport operations budget which will be incorporated in to the Plant Transport budget if approved.
• Proactively identify potential operational issues and opportunities in the transportation department.
• Keep abreast of recent development in the logistiCS and transportation field.
• Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in allY discipline.
• Post-graduate/professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of twenty (20) years relevant work experience with fleet management (trucks), with at least ten (10) years in a management role.
• Good knowledge of freight transport laws and regulations
• In-depth understanding oftransportation and supply chain management
• Working knowledge of transport HSE policies
• Understanding of local and international best practice in freight transportation
• Good knowledge of truck parts and functions
• Strong organizing and time management skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency In Microsoft Office Suite
The expected fixed salary will be Naira 12 Million per year with performance-linked variable salary scheme totaling to a maximum of Naira 24 Million per annum.
If you meet the requirements listed for any of these positions and you are interested in making a career with our company, kindly send your CV and cover letter, indicating position' applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org within ten days of this
publication. Only successful candidates will be contacted.