Jobs At International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
Posted on: 4 November, 2013
Deadline: 15 November, 2013
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IBM - International Business Machines
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. IBM GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions and services that deliver bottom-line business value. IBM GBS provides leading transformation consulting across a range of industries as well as in the following key business function areas: Strategy and Change; Applied Technologies; Application Services; Financial Management; Human Capital Management; Customer Relationship Management; Marketing; Sales & Services; Supply Chain & Procurement, and Business Analytics and Optimization.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
- This role performs varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems through the effective use of available technical resources, per contracted service level agreements. They may also perform installs, moves, adds and change (IMAC) activities, as well as data backup and restore on certain accounts, for clients.
- They are responsible for resolving problems and performing IMACs within Service Level Agreement objectives (SLA), and completing all related administrative duties. As the main interface to the client, they need to understand the local and regional infrastructure and key contacts in the other competencies, i.e. network team, server admin, etc., in order to ensure that the proper team is aware of, and taking action on the problem. Strong client communication and business skills are therefore needed since direct client interaction is often required.
- Accordingly, they have a direct impact on client satisfaction, and therefore, need to understand their account/site environment.
- Resolve client hardware/software PC problem tickets.
- A technical knowledge of the supported platform is required as well as a working knowledge of the hardware.
- Resolve tickets within the client SLA and obtain a high client Satisfaction Rating.
- Generally we need person who will be in charge of solving end-user problems related to end-user workstation
- He would be responsible for compliance with our standard.
- He will be in charge for Hand &Eyes activities for remote managed servers as well.
- New person could become our focal point in case of infrastructure projects including IP Telephony, mobility and all internal IT projects in IBM Nigeria.
- The Lotus Notes programming skills will provide additional benefit for us.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Operating systems especially Windows 7 - to be able to solve problems related
- Lotus Notes to be able to solve problems on end-user workstation
- Interpersonal skills
- Positive, helpful attitude and ability to work with others
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Technical Diploma
- At least 3 years experience in IT
- English: Fluent
Application Closing Date: 15th November, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IBM - International Business MachinesSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies At A Leading Nigerian Based Managed IT Security Services Provider (MSSP) - LUDAEL Services Limited
- Latest Job Opportunity at Transsion Holdings
- Customer Care Role at HRLeverage
- Content Writer & Partner at Codulab Technologies Limited
- .NET Developers at Mobile Forms
- Latest Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Senior Account Manager at Universal Careers
- Website Developers at Resource Intermediaries Limited (RIL)