Vacancy At Nigeria Info 92.3
Posted on: 4 November, 2013
Deadline: 12 November, 2013
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
Nigeria Info 92.3 Port Harcourt, a radio Broadcasting Organization is recruiting to fill the following position:
- The work environment is continuously changing and requires flexibility for quick decision making and willingness to follow instructions.
- The role has four primary responsibilities: script management, social media coordination, schedule management and research.
- This role reports to the station Manager
- Nigeria Info is a radio broadcasting organization doing talks news, investigative journalism and new media and is seeking a Production Assistant/Researcher for a collection of its programmes working from our Port Harcourt studios.
- The role will support program managers, technicians and presenters through administrative, secretarial, research, programming, scripting, scheduling, formats and social media management functions.
- The Production Assistant should demonstrate strong creative, communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Script management
- Prepare and synthesize briefing notes into on-air usable format for programming of Nigeria Info
- Provide research and script support to “The Portal”, “Legally Yours” and other evolving specialist programmes
- Social media coordination
- Work with programme presenters and news team to develop appropriate FB and twitter content for daily programmes
- Support improved “live” interaction between show hosts and audience via social media
- Support social media competitions and competitions that feature in programming
- Schedule management
- Manage call screening for key programmes and work with team to improve call handling
- Support outreach to guests and management of their on air appearances
- Assist presenters in strengthening forward programming and planning
- Identify suitable content for key shows and research key related issues
- Identify prospective guests and activities linked to topics for programmes
- Maintain suitable resources for Nigeria Info on key issues – including reports, photos, recordings of key programmes etc
The candidate should have demonstrated capacity to be punctual, enthusiastic and pragmatic. And also should possess the following qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant field.
- Efficient use of word processors, spreadsheets, and social media applications
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; Pidgin and other languages an added plus.
- Ability to be based out of the River State and willingness to travel between states as required.
- Proven Flexibility and quick decision making skills
- Accuracy and speed to receive interpret and relay messages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Efficiency and composure under intense pressure, absence of supervision and tight schedules.
- The candidate must have some experience in the following:
- Radio or other electronic media production and/or
- Proven experience in a news or report writing environment that demands swift turnaround of written and oral material
- Strong social media skills – experience in managing social media platforms will be an advantage
- Very strong grasp of current events and news along with its context
- Proven record of swift issue based research and reporting
- Contracting period
- The position is open for an initial period of 6 months with strong prospect of renewal based on excellent performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should email a copy of their CV and a 1 page statement on why you are suitable for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Port Harcourt Production/Research Asst in subject line. Application Deadline 12th November, 2013
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at MediaVision Limited
- Career Opportunities at TVC Communications
- Content Writers at MadivasMag
- Career Opportunities at The BBC World Service
- Graduate IT Support Staff (Software Skills) at DM Holdings Limited
- Job Opportunities at Business Day Newspaper
- Shoot Edit, BBC Africa at the BBC World Service
- Senior PHP Developers at Tsaboin Nigeria