If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Wood Group PSN is a global provider of pre-operations, hook up & commissioning, operations & maintenance, engineering, construction, project management, training and decommissioning services to the energy industry. Employing over 29,000 people in more than 35 countries, Wood Group PSN offers high integrity, brownfield services that support customers to optimise performance, maintain production, reduce operating costs and provide integrity assurance.
We are currently recruiting for a EPC Start-Up Manager on a permanent basis located at our premises in Lagos, Nigeria.
Location: Lagos, Africa
- Responsible for JWG Nigeria entity establishment and JWG Nigeria – Dover contractual interface and Joint Venture establishment.
- Efficient start-up of projects on schedule and budget.
- To establish excellent relationship with JWG Nigeria board members and partners (Dover).
- To identify local support requirements and interface with UK support hub making sure personnel deployed meet spec.
- To support BD Manager Nigeria in identification of opportunities and visiting customers to agree scopes of work.
- To take on the existing start-up plans and drive efficient completion.
- To deliver an excellent EPC service and efficiently grow the business with high personnel utilisation and productivity.
- To create a “one” integrated team between JWG Nigeria and Dover and ensure management system, engineering competency and service deliver is of highest level in keeping with brand WGPSN.
- Primary interface with others supporting sites and divisions inc WGPSN, WG Eng and WG GTS for in country execution support.
- Accountable for safe, on schedule, on budget delivery of all EPC projects.
- Accountable to the Business Unit Director Central & North Africa for the safe and profitable delivery of multi-discipline EPC services for brownfield projects.
- Work closely with BD Manager Nigeria to grow business, actively participating in presentations to customers and in EPC (and O&M) tenders.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Work closely with WGPSN Technical support function to ensure EPC team adequately resourced with necessary management systems and processes.
- Responsible for development, competency and performance management of the EPC team putting succession plans in place as appropriate.
- Provide Direction and Leadership of EPC in Nigeria to meet customer expectations, commercial performance and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for supervising, organising and co-ordinating the EPC team to meet project requirements.
- Review and approve all EPC estimates, project schedules and proposals.
- Ensure EPC team are fully connected with the WGPSN matrix support organisation.
- Ensure EPC work is managed and executed in accordance with HSEQ and MoC requirements.
- Ensure technical assurance throughout the design process by adherence to policies, standards and procedures.
- Fully familiar with WGPSN security requirements and ensure local compliance with same.
- Lead Emergency Response Team
- Work with the Regional Technical support to ensure that PEER reviews / Audits / Investigations are undertaken in a planned manner and also as required.
- Promote WGPSN to customers, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Technical / Business Skills:
- A broad range of experience and ability to be flexible in the approach to the role.
- Good understanding of the commercial drivers in our business.
- Intimate knowledge of WGPSN EPC procedures, tools, systems and people.
- Awareness of WGPSN O&M procedures, tools, systems and people.
- Ability to establish, set-up and lead an Expat/Nigerian team.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- These communication skills are applicable to our own personnel and customers.
- Ability to negotiate with Nigerian unionised workforce.
- A committed safety leader.
- High degree of customer and delivery focus with personal energy and drive to establish, set-up and grow a new business
- Flexible and creative solution provider.
- Ability to manage change, analyse and solve problems.
- Capable of providing direction, guidance and support to the team members.
- Familiar with O&M activity at level of customer engagement
- Experience of development and implementation of management systems and competence management frameworks.
- Fully familiar with WGPSN Code of business conduct and compliance with same at all times, recognising when at risk of breach and taking action in accordance with CoBC.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years O&G Industry experience including offshore and onshore operations.
- Experience of working in West Africa (ideally Nigeria) would be a significant benefit.
- Experience of establishing, starting up and growing a new EPC service in overseas location an advantage.
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject, or equivalent.
- Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.